Does anyone have DrumDrops vol 1-6 rips?

djtopcatdjtopcat Seattle WA The 206 312 Posts
I had all these before the crash a few years ago, and really surprised there's no working links anywhere.
This was a great vinyl series for sampling. 

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    This the Ubuiqity series? I have the Purdie one in storage, wish I’d bought the Mike Clarke too but I was racist against a whitey drummer being funky.
    Scuba Steve

• RhythmGJRhythmGJ Buffalo, NY 219 Posts

Hah! That is funny, for as you know Mike Clarke is an amazing ^%$*.

I have the original 1-4 (5 maybe?) LP's featuring David Crigger. What's it to ya? (rhythmgj at yahoo dot com)

GJ

I think when the Ubiquity master drummer series came out I was a novice diggueur, and my reaction was definitely Mike who?
    Much regret on that one.

• FeldmanFeldman 50 Posts
    I think he’s talking about these releases

Which I believe were clonned on here back in the day, they’re cool and certainly can make good sample fodder, but they aren’t mind blowing drums, nor are they particularly rare. Still cool though

Yup. Those. ^^^^

GJ

• djtopcatdjtopcat Seattle WA The 206 312 Posts
    This the Ubuiqity series? I have the Purdie one in storage, wish I’d bought the Mike Clarke too but I was racist against a whitey drummer being funky        
    Which Mike Clarke record are you guys talking about? Not the former Byrds drummer???

Purdie was ‘93 and Mike Clarke of the Headhunters was a ‘95 release.

i feel even more gutted to think I own Greyboy breaks and Bulldog breaks but not that.

Mike Clarke not only played with the Headhunters, but did a funky-%## stint in Brand X. But no, I've got the originals with Crigger (Creigger? sp?)... Anyway, if you want to talk, I left the contact above^^^^.

GJ

• FeldmanFeldman 50 Posts
    Still got that rock rhythm record raj?? Or was it yours that sold for $1000 on discogs?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Feldman said:
    Still got that rock rhythm record raj?? Or was it yours that sold for $1000 on discogs?

Still in my possession, though a G does sound tempting.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Oddly enough I was listening to the Leon Lowman album today and it sounds like he used the Drum Drops on his tracks back in the day.  Never heard these actually used in a production...

I've got a complete track that used a DD groove as the basis; I'll have to try to get it up on Soundcloud, I'm pretty sure you'd recognize it.

We also did a commercial once with "Mick Fleetwood on drums" (sample pack)...

GJ

Mick is on the sixth jingle in the mix, "Adventure Landing":

https://m.soundcloud.com/nocturnal-productions/jingle-montage-demo-reel

I'll see if I can get the rap track with the DD's boom-bap up soon.

GJ

• RAJ said:

Hello! Could you please repost this? Thank you.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    I don't have the capability to upload a file at the moment, but I have the first record in the series. If you want it, it's yours.

• Interested. How's the play quality, decent to sample?