Highly Curated 45 Soul, Funk, Psych collection 1500 records for sale

beattrainbeattrain Brooklyn, NY 20 Posts

Hi there,

I'm selling a one of a kind lot of vinyl 45s from two NYC DJs.  Any insight, interest, advice, offers etc, please feel free to respond, or PM.  Thanks in advance, cheers!

Below is a description....

Up for sale is a one of a kind highly curated 45rpm record collection of rare soul, funk, r&b, psychedelic, freakbeat, and assorted other related 1960s era subgenres (soundtracks, Library Funk, Latin Boogaloo, mod, northern soul etc).

On behalf of the curators, NYC based DJs and music producers Jack Dutone and Moses Funk, I'm now accepting offers for the entire lot.

A little more about the collection: about 1500 45 rpm records, acquired over 15 years of crate digging over several continents. This is an “all killer, no filler”collection that is highly curated, and calculated to captivate and pack dancefloors. Perfect for any DJ looking to elevate their arsenal of 45 rpm floor fillers and to take their mastery of their 45 DJ game to greater heights. Also great for producers and break collectors- this collection includes many unknown and unsampled juicy rare records with dope breaks/hoops/samples.

About 90% of the collection is comprised of rare original pressings. Tons of rare and esoteric gems, lots of records that typically sell on ebay for between $75 and $150. Many virtually undiscovered tracks. The vast majority of the collection is VG+ or M- grading. Even the small handful of “VG” records are DJ'able and sound great.

A little bit about the curators of the collection: Jack Dutone and Moses Funk developed a cult following with their all vinyl soul and psychedelic DJ nights in New York and Boston over the last 15 years, including at their residencies (Brooklyn Soul Club, Mambo Beat Club, Cheap Thrills A-Go-Go, etc), as well as DJ tours which took them around the US and Europe, as well as releasing many cult-favorite mixtapes, remixes, and edits.

The records are only for sale as a lot (not individually). Pickup available in NYC (or potentially shipping could be arranged). Approximate face value based on current market rates on ebay and discogs is a ballpark of $125,000. We're accepting all reasonable offers and are looking to finalize the sale of the lot by the end of February.

Here's a link to the list of records (please let me know if you have any issues accessing this spreadsheet):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ahid14n49qpr7lh/record%20inventory.xls?dl=0

Thanks so much for your interest, and please let us know if you have any questions.

Comments

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Dude, don’t EVARR say ‘curated’ again.

Nor ‘crate digging’.

You’re not Oliver W*ng.
    And if you are: hi!
    billbradley

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    What Skel said.

Man... just break up the fucking collection.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    Do you really think you are going to get anywhere near $125k for those as a lot? If you are trying to get top dollar you need to sell records individually. Which is time consuming. 

• beattrainbeattrain Brooklyn, NY 20 Posts
    Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated 

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    No problem. I'm not trying to knock the hustle in anyway. The best thing you could probably do if you don't sell much yourself online is consign them through someone who does.