dancehall / hip hop bootlegs

2»

Comments

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Lot's of great tunes in this thread a few of which and more you'll find in this mix.
    I posted it up last fall, but it certainly applies here....
    I wish mixes were still posted in the crate digging revealed section, they got way more
    shine when they were.

I need to rip the Jay Z-Dirt Off Your Shoulder over Bam Bam, that shit kills.
    Why isn't hogginthefogg all over this thread?
    That's the dude with all the cuts.

BTW, this mix is KILLER.
    Thanks mang, I just finished up a Dub mix I'll be posting soon.
    Stay tuned!

• Options
    Lot's of great tunes in this thread a few of which and more you'll find in this mix.
    I posted it up last fall, but it certainly applies here....
    I wish mixes were still posted in the crate digging revealed section, they got way more
    shine when they were.

I need to rip the Jay Z-Dirt Off Your Shoulder over Bam Bam, that shit kills.
    Why isn't hogginthefogg all over this thread?
    That's the dude with all the cuts.

BTW, this mix is KILLER.

Thanks mang, I just finished up a Dub mix I'll be posting soon.
    Stay tuned!
    Downloading the Rough and Rugged one, must have missed it when you posted it. Cpeetz without a doubt you consistently put up some of my favorite mixes, thank you so much.

• Options
    1) tanya stephens - goggle remix (put your hands beat)

YES!! Thanks for bringing that back, I know I have the white label downstairs somewhere.

Just went down and found it, along with a couple of others that haven't been mentioned here yet. I know the soundfile is in the thread (Thanks AK!!), but here's what the bootleg looked like...

and it was usually either followed or preceded by this...

I forgot I had this, Kenny Meez put it out (hey Cos, did Espo do this label? Kinda looks like it). It's got Aaliyah's Try Again and Destiny's Child Jumpin Jumpin over the same riddim, but for some reason I can't for the life of me remember the name of it. Also has Beenie Man's Heights Of Great Men over Next Episode by Dre and also over the aforementioned forgotten riddim, plus Party In Session over the same.

Beenie Man's Tear Off Mi Garments over the Big Payback break, this is another one I forgot I had but I remember finding this at Rock N Soul and grabbing it with the quickness. I think this was the same day I got shit on by a pigeon on my way to Brooklyn and turned right around and headed back to Long Island. Bonus points for the "Strong Island Records" label name, I'm surprised they didn't run the industry for the next 10 years.

I gotta tell ya, I really like scotch.

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts

YES!! Thanks for bringing that back, I know I have the white label downstairs somewhere.

Just went down and found it, along with a couple of others that haven't been mentioned here yet. I know the soundfile is in the thread (Thanks AK!!), but here's what the bootleg looked like...

no prob!

I forgot I had this, Kenny Meez put it out (hey Cos, did Espo do this label? Kinda looks like it).

i just saw kenny 2 days ago and we were just talking about this label!!!! so weird that you bring it up. i do believe that steve did indeed the graphic. armands used to be full of em!

• Options

no prob!

I forgot I had this, Kenny Meez put it out (hey Cos, did Espo do this label? Kinda looks like it).

i just saw kenny 2 days ago and we were just talking about this label!!!! so weird that you bring it up. i do believe that steve did indeed the graphic. armands used to be full of em!

Wow that's pretty bugged. I remember getting it from a street guy right next to Tompkins, mixed in with a grip of Burro Banton Massive B 12"s which are always hit or miss if you don't know the track but a guilty pleasure nonetheless. The Aaliyah mix is the standout, but I'm biased.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Downloading the Rough and Rugged one, must have missed it when you posted it. Cpeetz without a doubt you consistently put up some of my favorite mixes, thank you so much.

Well I am the reigning Soul Strut Soundclash Champion....

Seriously though thanks for the kind words, I'm glad you enjoy them!

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    i forgot to mention mad cobra, lots of re-edits around 95 96 and loved that 'big long john' track.

also this isn't a bootleg but on mixtape from 1994 red alert put out on vinyl, all hip hop dancehall mix

• also this isn't a bootleg but on mixtape from 1994 red alert put out on criminally quiet[/b] vinyl, all hip hop dancehall mix

Nonetheless, I damn near wore out the grooves on that one at many a gig.

• ThermosThermos 307 Posts
    5 Stars. I love this kind of stuff, but have never dug in deep. This tread'll be a good starting point.

I found this on the internets last week:

And some one posted this a little while back, i forget who, but many thanks:

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    lots of re-edits around 95 96

bounty killer- cellular phone reedit w/ bits from Shook Ones pt 2, etc etc etc

can't believe no one has mentioned bounty's "fight fire w/ fire" over Ante Up...

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    here's some i like to play out, i'll post more later...trying to keep this thread alive:

rayvon_vs_kurtis_blow-no_guns_no_murder_(dreadsquad_blend)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/3ecdqr

capleton - everybody (hip hop remix)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/6utr5x

ini kamoze - hotter this year (remix)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8d2s6g

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    Some contributions of my own to the genre from the last few years:

Bounty Killer - Cellular Phone (ZEN2 remix)
    http://www.raggamuffinsound.com/mp3/Bounty%20Killer%20-%20Cellular%20Phone%20(ZEN2%20remix).mp3

Notorious B.I.G. & Junior Reid - Dead Wrong vs. One Blood (ZEN2 remix)
    http://www.raggamuffinsound.com/mp3/Noto...N2%20remix).mp3

Black Panta - Do Whatcha Want (ZEN2 remix)
    http://www.raggamuffinsound.com/mp3/Black%20Panta%20-%20Do%20Whatcha%20Want%20(ZEN2%20remix).mp3

Capleton - Slew Dem (ZEN2 blend)
    http://www.raggamuffinsound.com/mp3/Capleton%20-%20Slew%20Dem%20(ZEN2%20blend).mp3

• Here's Volume #1 of a mix I did.....90's Dancehall Reggae artists over hip hop beats from that time period.  Official remixes, bootlegs, and my own blends.  Fits right in with the tracks you guys are talkin about.  More volumes on the way...

TRACKLIST
    Intro
    Cutty Ranks – Limb By Limb (Filthy Rich blend)
    Mikey Jarrett – Mack Daddy
    Shaggy – Gunshot
    Shaggy – Gunshot (Beemin RMX)
    Jamalski – Put It On (Filthy Rich blend)
    Cheshire Cat – Boom Shot Dis (Sabotage) (Filthy Rich blend)
    Burro Banton – Boom Wa Dis (Hip Hop RMX)
    Super Cat – South Central (DJ Clue RMX)
    Bush Babees – Swing It
    Lady Saw – No Long Talking (Filthy Rich blend)
    DJ Filthy Rich – Agony In De Dance (Party Break)
    Ini Kamoze – Here Comes The Hotstepper (LP Version)
    Fugees ft Mad Spider – Boof Baf (Refugee Doodle RMX)
    Super Cat – Ghetto Red Hot (Hip Hop Remix)
    Bounty Killer ft Cocoa Brovas – It’s A Party (Filthy Rich blend)
    Shabba Ranks & KRS One – The Jam (Back To The Bridge Mix)
    Mad Stuntman – I’m The Mad Stuntman (Mad Hip Hop mix)
    Major Mackeral – Hot (Filthy Rich blend)
    Bounty Killer/Michigan & Smiley – Fed Up/Tom’s Diner (Filthy Rich Remix)
    Shabba Ranks – Trailor Load A Girls (Filthy Rich blend)
    Patra ft YoYo – Romantic Call
    Lil Vicious & Dougie Fresh – Freaks
    Mad Lion ft Method Man – Take It Easy (Filthy Rich ReFix)
    Red Fox – Dem a Murderer (Original + SD50 RMX)
    Comedy skit
    Merciless – Gun From Paris (Filthy Rich blend)
    General TK – Poisonous Dettol (Filthy Rich blend)
    Kenny Dope – Supa (Party break)
    Kenny Dope ft Gringo – Dondadda (Original Rama Jama Mix)
    Fuschnickens – Ring The Alarm
    Tenor Saw – Ring The Alarm (Hip Hop Mix)
    Sister Nancy – Bam Bam (Hip Hop RMX)
    Rumble – Safe RMX
    Capleton ft Method Man – Wings Of The Morning RMX
    Born Jamericans – Boom Shak A Tak (RMX + Original)
    Super Cat – Too Greedy (Filthy Rich blend)
    AV8 – Blunted (Party Break)
    Buju Banton – Boom Bye Bye (Filthy Rich blend)
    Smif N Wessun ft OGC, Jahdan – Sound Bwoy Bureill

MIXCLOUD LINK:
    https://www.mixcloud.com/djfilthyrich1/dj-filthy-rich-90s-reggae-hip-hop-vol1/

Duderonomy

• I just released Vol.2 of the mix I posted above:

For those of you who aren't familiar with the 1st volume, I had an idea to create a series of mixes containing 90’s dancehall reggae artists over 90’s hip hop beats. Everything from popular hits to obscure white label-only remixes, including my own custom blends of 90’s reggae acapellas over hiphop instrumentals from that time period. What began as a casual one-off “best of” type mix, evolved into a multi-volume obsession.  I even learned to produce my own party breaks just for this project.

The response from Vol. 1 has been great.  It's received over 20,000 streams across all platforms and counting (not including downloads), and received blog coverage from the USA to Germany to Japan.  Special shout out to DJ Arems, Deejay Theory & Largeup.com for being the first to spotlight it on their weekly feature 'Mixtape Mondays'.
    I had some time over the winter break, and finally managed to finish up Vol. 2 of the series.  I tried to keep a lot of elements that people liked from part 1, as well as add some new elements to switch it up a bit.  The first 40 mins of this mix starts with an uptempo, early 90's boom-bap feel.  The next 50 mins segues into mid-tempo, mid-90's vibes. 

I've decided to keep the tracklist under wraps for now. Reason being, I always found it more fun to not know what's next. There was a certain thrill when I heard a dope track, but couldn't identify it.  In this age of digital playlists where everything is meticulously labeled, I felt I'd try to bring back some of the mystique of the mixTAPE era.  Some of my favourite mixtapes that I bought back in the 90's had no tracklist at all...I had to figure it out for myself.  I appreciate those tapes that much more because of it. 
    For those of you who absolutely MUST have a tracklist, I'll eventually type one up and put it out.....but I'll let this mix marinate with you for a bit.  A lot of time, effort, and work went into creating this mix, so I hope my experiment works and you find yourself coming back for multiple listens, instead of skimming through it once and forgetting about it forever.
    Feel free to contact me with your feedback....I'd love to know what people think, and I'm open to suggestions for the next volume.

I gotta largeup my old friend Masia One for blessin me with the cover art.  The old 90's Reggae party poster style fits the vibe of this mix perfectly.

[b]CHECK OUT THE MIX HERE:[/b]
    https://www.mixcloud.com/djfilthyrich1/dj-filthy-rich-90s-reggae-hip-hop-vol-2/

ketanMek_Jagger