Happy New Year!

Typing this now because my ass will be asleep before the ball drops on the west coast!

Jimster

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Happy New Year!  2018 and the Strut is still around!

Jimsterbillbradley

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Happy New Year all!

Let’s see if 2018 continues like a Black Mirror episode.

Resolutions:

Improve my Catala
    Fix a toe injury and get back to playing footyball
    Make a relocation work to an as yet unknown international destination, only clues is that it will be first-world enough to fund the genetic research she does (possibly Oz)
    Start DJing again
    JimsterKineticfoe

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Shittest year evar for me last year, it can go f itself with a telegraph pole.

Sideways.

Still, we have The Strut.  And with that, hope that all that is right in the world will prevail.

:Massive Northern-Soul-style fist here:
    RAJbillbradleykalaDuderonomy

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    Happiest of new years to SS!  Hoping for a tidal wave of music talk.

2018 is looking strong for me with a cross-continent road trip in January leading into a temporary move to LA.  Haven't lived there since 09, and looking forward to reconnecting with my favorite fruit and taco stands (two things Toronto sorely lacks).

Duderonomy said:
    I think I speak for a great many people when I say that the world would be a richer place if mans end up coerced into defiling a pig.

• kalakala 3,358 Posts
    Clocking in from Saigon/HCM
    Rock on and have a healthy prosperous 2018 ya'll
    Duderonomy

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Make a relocation work to an as yet unknown international destination, only clues is that it will be first-world enough to fund the genetic research she does (possibly Oz)

Let me know if it does end up being Oz! Plus, if it's medical research work that your girl does, then maybe check out Westmead in Sydney for possible opportunities. A lot of medical research institutions there.

Duderonomy

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    HNY batches

2017 wasn’t stellar
    2018 shaping up good so far.
    Let’s see come June 
    Duderonomy

• doisndoisn baleadas&pupuzas 303 Posts
    have a good 2018 folks

Duderonomy

ketan said:
    Duderonomy said:
    I think I speak for a great many people when I say that the world would be a richer place if mans end up coerced into defiling a pig.

There is that, yes

Re: Oz, thanks Kinetic, I’ll bear that in mind. She’s a genetic biologist (hereditary cancer) and did 4 months lab work in Brisbane in 2016. The boss there offered her a job and they stay in touch, but my girl’s shortlist also includes Amsterdam and Prague (which I’d be equally happy with for very different reasons). For the sake of family, Oz (or even another lab in NZ) would be a two or three year jaunt at most - I just want to know where we’re going damnit! I’m not patient about these things.

Having mentioned all these wish-list locations, it will probably end up being Glasgow or a Scandi country with only 4 months of sunlight a year :why cry:

• foefoe turo de la peira 196 Posts
    Scandi country with only 4 months of sunlight a year :why cry:

not recommending it. got 33 years of experience, not going back.

Kinetic said:

Let me know if it does end up being Oz! Plus, if it's medical research work that your girl does, then maybe check out Westmead in Sydney for possible opportunities. A lot of medical research institutions there.

Was just browsing on Google and saw this about Westmead:

Dr Loan Le, post-doctoral researcher in the 
    Cardiac Regeneration Laboratory at the 
    Westmead Institute and Cardiology Department 
    at the Westmead Hospital, has been awarded 
    the 2017 ...”

Dude works on his own I take it. Not a team player.

ketan

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    ketan said:
    2018 is looking strong for me with a cross-continent road trip in January  

Where should we eat/stay/drink in this vast region of Texas?!

Thanks for any tips.