Last record you bought...

that was new and not used?

Comments

• RhythmGJRhythmGJ Buffalo, NY 219 Posts

Define "record?" CD's OK?

GJ

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,459 Posts
    last record I received was on my birthday (july 6th) Arrested Development - 3years 5months and 2days in the life of... 

previous to that was GangStarr - No More Mr Nice Guy

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts

dj_cityboyKineticPierceBallerson

• FeldmanFeldman 50 Posts
    Thes and Day!!!

• EIGHTYEIGHTY 224 Posts
    RhythmGJ said:

Define "record?" CD's OK?

GJ

Vinyl 

• in my latest batch of ill advised 45 purchases

In that case, I believe it was this, about two weeks ago:

https://www.discogs.com/Sonny-Rollins-Three-Giants/release/4316865

I believe it was the "Wax Time" pressing, however.

GJ

• francois parkerfrancois parker formerly know as Parkz. 125 Posts
    On Monday I  bought the RSD release of Ike Reiko / You Baby. 
    A record I have wanted since Soul Strut member Funky Minizu hipped me to it about a  decade ago. 
    Being that the original is a £600 record it was never likely that i'd end up with an original in  my collection so I guess this bootleg is going to have to do. The sound quality is good but the jacket looks awful. 

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    Heliocentric S/T on Discovery. Theres one standout on there which has a nice intro with Rhodes and drums in 7/8

• para11axpara11ax No-style-havin' mf'er 398 Posts
    I bought Erykah Badu's "Mama's Gun" today at a used shop. 

The last 2 records purchased before today were Thes/Day "Naufrago", and a test pressing of Trailer Limon's "Love Don't Pay the Bills"

• foefoe turo de la peira 196 Posts
    Theo Parrish ‎– First Floor (Part 1)
    then i found out it had been reissued and i see it all the time now going for a lot cheaper.

Last night-- Archie Shepp, "Bird Fire," Lester Young, "Blue Lester," and the Studio One "Money Maker" reissue.

GJ

• DawhudDawhud 213 Posts
    I got the Vinyl Me Please exclusive Light in the Attic press of Betty Davis' ish. 

Are you on the once-a-month plan, or did you just get the Betty Davis as a one-off?

GJ

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    I rarely buy new releases (mainly because they're too expensive here in Brazil), but last night I ordered these two:

Meta Meta's 3rd album:

and this official reissue:

• EIGHTYEIGHTY 224 Posts
    ppadilha said:
    I rarely buy new releases (mainly because they're too expensive here in Brazil), but last night I ordered these two:

Meta Meta's 3rd album:

and this official reissue:

Yeah, buying new releases here in the states is too expensive also. Record stores want 30-40 dollars per album, that shit adds up if you want to support the artists work.

• DawhudDawhud 213 Posts
    @RhythmGJ I'm on the 3 month renew plan.  I started when they did the Main Source repress.  Had to cop that with the bonus 7".  It's cool because I've been able to get some things the I normally wouldn't pick up, but I've also been able to sub releases I didn't want for something else.  (aka whenever they pick a "put a bird on it" hipster record)  

Yeah, that's what I was wondering-- Can you pick and choose, or do you have to take the hipster picks??

GJ

• DawhudDawhud 213 Posts
    You can swap them out.  Like I swapped the Fugees "Score" repress for whatever KEXP daytime record they had one month.  This month I ended up swapping it for the BADBADNOTGOOD LP "IV." 

Coolio, thanks...

GJ

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    I hardly ever buy new vinyl  but the Screamers, Bangers and Cosmic Synths comp on Triassic Tusk was too good to miss.