That's My Word (keak related)

2»

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    by the way, when is the new turf talk supposed to come out?

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

christmas came early! woohooo

• Noz couple of us were actually talking about the Zion thing the other day... kind of leaves a funny taste, that dude is a) not from the Bay Area and b) used to talk wild shit about gangsta rap. I see a lot of former conscious dudes riding the coattails of the new movement though.

Casual: "you can't rap, I guess you must be a gangsta" (from Wake Up Show battle)

I love this place.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Noz couple of us were actually talking about the Zion thing the other day... kind of leaves a funny taste, that dude is a) not from the Bay Area and b) used to talk wild shit about gangsta rap. I see a lot of former conscious dudes riding the coattails of the new movement though.

Casual: "you can't rap, I guess you must be a gangsta" (from Wake Up Show battle)

it's weird when you think about it because most of these dudes are full blown local celebrities but still have a set price for cameo shots, so you get 40 and keak popping up on kobe soz and shit. imagine if any random dude in nyc could throw a few g's at jay or even like a jada for a collab. it'd be pandemonium

cas can still be a dope rappper and while he's clearly forcing it, if him being on some fake hood shit means getting him over some beats that aren't by whoever makes the terrible beats on all the new hiero records then i don't mind.

i'm not too familiar with zion's shit (i thought that it was a group, i guess that shows how much i know). i've seen em perform once and thought they (the two emcees) were considerably less boring than the usual underground opening act. but not exciting enough that i ever checked out their record. which is why i was a little surprised when i heard that posse cut.

Noz couple of us were actually talking about the Zion thing the other day... kind of leaves a funny taste, that dude is a) not from the Bay Area and b) used to talk wild shit about gangsta rap. I see a lot of former conscious dudes riding the coattails of the new movement though.

I'm not much of a Zion I fan at all but that "Silly Puddy" track with Grouch off their first album is a fuckin face melter. That beat, ARRRGH!

I hate you with every fiber of my being. ok not really but I'm "hella" jealous.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

what's on the flip?

• King Of Rock, Turf Talk Is Back

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    King Of Rock, Turf Talk Is Back

noice, those are probably my two favorite cuts.

i just ordered a copy [color:white]from japan/FONT>

• straight not knowin' right now.

"lavish"-esque listening szechuan at PeaceRo's.

P.S. They've been playing an insane amount of New Bay shit on the mix-shows. And yo...dudes' beats are sounding the SAME[/b].

"we will rock you" drum progaming
    "little jon" synths
    "heavy percusion"

• P.S. They've been playing an insane amount of New Bay shit on the mix-shows. And yo...dudes' beats are sounding the SAME[/b].

"we will rock you" drum progaming
    "little jon" synths
    "heavy percusion"

Feelin about 60% of the new bay shit but the above formula is why I don't know if it can hang with all the classic "rider" music.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

!!!!!

where?