RIP Jaki Liebezeit

SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
One of the most creative/innovative Kraut rock drummers of all time died of Pneumonia today. Often imitated, but never out faded. RIP brotha!

- spidey

Comments

• foefoe turo de la peira 196 Posts
    what!? :(

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    I'm not sure if it was your intention or just how I interpret the wording, but he was one of the GOAT drummers of all styles for me, and not just within the kraut rock cannon.
    RIP

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    yeah, one of the nicest ever.  RIP

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I'm not sure if it was your intention or just how I interpret the wording, but he was one of the GOAT drummers of all styles for me, and not just within the kraut rock cannon.
    RIP
    I remember I read somewhere that before he joined can in the 60's he was actually one of the top Jazz drummers in Germany. 

- Damo

This is one my favorite post-CAN tracks from Jaki collaborating with Neu's Michael Rother. 

My favorite Jaki / Q-tip Flip. 

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    Oh man. This guy has blown my mind on so many occasions throughout the years.

RIP Jaki

• Lovetime (in translation) always seemed like a cool name for a drummer.   RIP.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Oh fuck no. Was still loving the recent work he'd been putting out with Friedman and was going to go see him play with Joseph Suchy in Cologne in April this year. 

RIP to one of the absolute greatest.