Post a Good Documentary You Have Seen Recently

18910111214»

Comments

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,097 Posts
    RAJ said:
    Meru is a great documentary.... total tear jerker---- must see.

Cosine. Just saw this and it's amazing.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    No strutters watched Making a Murderer yet?

Thoughts?

If anyone is in Toronto, HotDocs is ongoing and a friend of mine has a really amazing flick about the context of the U.S. prison system (there are no shots inside of prisons). Two more screenings this Thursday and Saturday. 
    http://boxoffice.hotdocs.ca/WebSales/pages/info.aspx?evtinfo=50909

https://vimeo.com/105073038

Also saw this recently...

It's actually quite ethically dubious. But there's a really rich and hilarious irony here if you're South Asian, as it's all about...
    WhitePeopleDoingYoga

DOR said:
    No strutters watched Making a Murderer yet?

Thoughts?
    Oh yeah, we finally got Netflix a few months back and watched it with the quickness. Super well done.  Super infuriating. I actually vaguely remember the news reports on this from several years ago... must have been one of the appeals as I remember the article expressing disbelief about what a clusterf*ck the case had been.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Some slow tv - 

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

New Jersey Drive: BLACK MARKET with Michael K. Williams

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

• **double poast**

• Adult Rappers

• EIGHTYEIGHTY 224 Posts
    RAJ said:
    I was super hyped when I finally got the chance to watch this! I was not disappointed at all! I like how their story was balanced with the music of that time and all the freestyles they were able to get on record. As with any era it comes to an end at some point. Stretch and Bobitto grew apart and the music started to change with the times. But at least they were able to make amends years later and hopefully they can do another project like the radio show again.