Why So Quiet Around Here?

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    DOR said:
    That shit is a cancer that needs to be cut out.

I know your heart's in the right place, but as a presumably earnest response to an ovary-related threat, this could use a little work.

That shit is a giant turd and an atomic bomb should be dropped on that shit!

• para11axpara11ax No-style-havin' mf'er 398 Posts
    LOL!

Always a treat when James passes through. Ditto Bassie. I miss her views on all things sartorial. Batmon's, too, even though his taste was a bit tacky at times. 
    batmon

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    I still check in often, I have seen all forum sites fade into oblivion, probably due to facebook groups etc. I do think it might be cyclic though.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,883 Posts
    I don't want to talk Strut on FB. 

One, no-one outside of here gives a f*ck about my weird music.
    Two, no-one on here gives a f*ck about my weird music.
    Three, you can't find/return to anything amongst the banal morass of good-natured chud.
    Four, I don't want to shatter the illusion of who Strutteurs are In Real Life.

FB absolutely fails as a replacement for a forum.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    I agree, I am not saying its any sort of alternative, I was just saying I have seen a huge decline is a lot of forums, some that had been going strong for well over 10 years

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    yuichi said:
    Hey guys.  To be completely blunt, the last format/layout change I think completely turned off most
    remaining OG members. 
    I noticed that.. Harvey Canal, Batmon, Laserwolf, DB Cooper all jumped shipped after the "upgrade".  I will admit that the latest upgrade was a last ditch attempt to be "relevant" as it features a lot of more social media stylings.  It does have it's benefits (like a better search engine), but then again, if you are living in 2016 and still using message board technology, it's probably the last thing you care about.  

I guess I am....

In all honesty, though, I miss the community.  I miss being able to support people's new releases, hear about their new mixes, get excited about a new record store someone is opening up, a movie review.  All that is gone.  I'm friends with a lot of the same people on Facebook and it's not the same.  In fact, I unfollowed a lot of them because of the same stupid daily narcissism.  

Also, I haven't been on Waxidermy in years, but props to them for keeping it simple and retaining their audience.  That was not a healthy place for me, though.  The last few times I was on there, it was filled with ex pats reveling in this place's demise.  

Nonetheless, I am fully dedicated to having this place still up and running for more years to come!  The archives are one of my children and I hope people get the same value out of them as I do.

para11axketanDORJimstercoveBig_StacksOtis_Funkmeyerdollar_binbennyboyfinelikewine

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    I'm still down for the cause. 

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    As long as you keep SS plugged in I'll be here

i miss guzzo posts

NateBizzo said:
    More Bizzo post around these parts would be a welcome sight.

Also to note. I, much like Jimster enjoy the semi anonymous nature around these parts. Where people don't take themselves too serious and post for shits n giggles. But mixed with anyone's opinion or knowledge.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,079 Posts
    I still love this place but other immersive hobbies such as fishing, a newly found social life and a fiancée have consumed a lot of my time and put records and this place on the back burner. Plus my cell phone is the only access I have to the Internet now and I have to be selective when I use it (frowned on at work, constant use NAGL for my girl). Facebook will never replace SS. And the only reason why I am still on that nonsense is because family members are hopelessly hooked and I am forced to check in when asked nauseating, whiny questions such as, "why didn't you 'like'/see my post?!?". So yeah, I'm still here.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

DOR said:
    NateBizzo said:

Also to note. I, much like Jimster enjoy the semi anonymous nature around these parts. Where people don't take themselves too serious and post for shits n giggles. But mixed with anyone's opinion or knowledge.

What would you like me to talk about?

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,884 Posts
    I still read daily and post when I can but for the past week I was in Vegas for the DEFCON hacker conference and didn't read at all. 

I hope that you continue to keep the site active though Raj. There are some good people still hanging out here. 

p.s. You're photos on the road have been great. 

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I've been here since the beginning and I still check in at least once a day. I don't post a lot but I never really didso that is no reflection on the current State o|Of The Strut. I made it habit to think before I posted (lest I be roasted) back in the days when this place was really on fire and I still work that way. But as I have said before I am Strut 4 Life.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

p.s. You're photos on the road have been great. 

@billbradley 

Thank you!  I still have loads to post too.  

If anyone else is curious, you can view them here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/rajsoulstrut/
    billbradleyDuderonomy

• bassie2 said:
    Jimster said
    The Hatters have gone as far as I can see.  Maybe I just have a thick skin.

They have but what you see today is the result of their stay.

Because one definitely didn't need thick skin to be on the Board before, right? I have no idea when you joined but people would actually go on other boards to complain about how mean SS was. Few newbies lasted. A poster said he wanted to punch me in the ovaries. It was so accommodating here, we never had more than five women posting at any given time. This is not about hurt feelings but the culture of the place. But you tell'em, tough guy.

• deezleedeezlee 298 Posts
    This site (yes, largly in the archives) has a knowledge, flavor and style unmatched on the web.  Apparently there was a time years ago when politics was messing up the board but I don't see it recently at all.  If you want to see shitty political commentary you can find more of it anywhere/everywhere else in the Internet. I mean how's your Facebook feed looking these days.
    Like I said we owe the site's goodness to the OGs (thanks for that foreal!) but the only time that I visit this site and get a bad vibe is when the OGs show up to complain about haters again.

NateBizzo said:

DOR said:
    NateBizzo said:

What would you like me to talk about?

Any records you're still on the hunt for?

Places you still want to ride you've never been?

Any great food spots down your way?

Anything new or exciting going on in your life you would like to share with a semi anonymous strutter?

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    I'm just here because Reddit is down. 

But really, I'm glad this place is still here. I like to get my nostalgia fix a few times a year, plus the mix section is still fire. 

• Still in the game.
    although it is quite complicated to post from my phone.

peace, stein...

• twoply said:
    I'm just here because Reddit is down. 

But really, I'm glad this place is still here. I like to get my nostalgia fix a few times a year, plus the mix section is still fire. 
    Have I just been looking in the wrong parts of Reddit? I can't find anything even approaching 1% of Strut or Waxidermy's taste/knowledge/depth in the vinyl etc. boards there. 30 dollar Fleetwood reissue sweating for dayzzzz whenever I've looked.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

I was out-of-town briefly to attend a conference in Anaheim. I'll have to floss my Amoeba Records (Hollywood) finds on here in a separate thread. As has been the case since 2003, I visit the 'Strut on a daily basis.  It's a part of my life, viva la Soul Strut!!! By the way, here's a tour of Stacks Laboratories:

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak
    stratasphere

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    bassie2 said:

It was superpoaster (who was the resident punching bag until he got semi famous as Jesse Futerman and then he was the Board’s darling. You know how it is.). Lots of people saw it and asked for him to be banned. I don’t remember supporting his ban to be honest – don’t recall if he was or not. He said he was sorry and all that.
    It was aggressive passive aggression in that misogynist nerd way. The board was full of them.

My point was more to question the notion of that all one requires is thick skin to weather a group of people who change the whole atmosphere of a place when thick skin was a requirement for just logging on!

Anyway, the Board is not for me anymore. I am putting in my two cents as to why off the subject heading. In no way am I saying shut it down.

Without excusing Jesse's atrocious statement, which I most certainly don't, he was maybe 15 when he was saying that shit. 

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Don't we have one of these posts every six months?

Anyway, SS for life. There's not much conversation here, granted, but I hope that everything being cyclical, in five years we'll all be back on the forum and it will be an ss renaissance.  
    finelikewine

batmon said:

Plaese to elaborate
    Jimster

para11ax said:
    batmon said:

Plaese to elaborate
    We couldn't handle the elaboration?
    para11axThe_Non

Srs doe, no-one is blessing us with the footwear game right now.

COMETH THE HOUR...
    para11ax

• The political threads were an awful look.

Any conservative post by Rock or Sabadabada would be met with searing and often downright rude retorts from pretty much everyone else.

Who was the dude who got banned and then made a blog about it?

BallzDeep said:

The political threads were an awful look.

Any conservative post by Rock or Sabadabada would be met with searing and often downright rude retorts from pretty much everyone else.

Who was the dude who got banned and then made a blog about it?

I think that was Dolo