Beat Post

Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
edited June 2016 in Strut Central
Hey 'Strutters,

I was up in the lab today and came up with a joint.  I thought I'd share, so here's the link:

Enjoy!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak
The_Nonklezmer electro-thug beatsketanleftrightcaiBeatsoup

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Nice vibes, definitely a nostalgic atmosphere, and good crunchy drums. Also enjoyed the psych intro bit.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Duderonomy,

I thank you for the kind words.  Also, I appreciate thumbs up from The_Non and Klemzer Electro-Thug Beats.  I'm working on a project of sorts, so it's nice to get a word or two on the quality of the tracks.  Thanks for listening,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Yeah your drums hit hard. I listened to the thing all the way through, which I don't often do with beats!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Yeah your drums hit hard. I listened to the thing all the way through, which I don't often do with beats!

Thanks, man, I appreciate the kudos.  I'm trying to make the joints bang, now I gotta start writing at some point.  Ketan, thanks for your thumbs up, too.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    nice, great laid back feels

A segment of a beat-tape I'm working on.
    Big_Stacksketancaiklezmer electro-thug beats

Hey Duderonomy,

I like it, man!!!  It gives me that patchwork feel of vintage Dust Brothers production, but with an updated sound.  Nice breaks and samples too!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak
    Duderonomy

High praise - thanks Stacks.

Needless to say I'll be spamming the board mercilessly once I've finished the mixtape.

EDIT: also just noticed that Jimmy McGriff's The Bird is a cover of GOOMLW, which means the titular bird has no feathers.

• Duder, that clip is good, please do spam away when it's done.  Really listenable but still in the cut & paste style I like. Not so harsh with the sample dissonances, you know what I mean? Not playing up the fact that the beats are shifting and changing. Reminds me of this 12-minute cut and paste thing I downloaded and loved a few years ago from Ill Mondo, some SF producer duo.... oh cool it's still online

Big_Stacks

Thanks for the feedback, I'll take it down for now and re-up once it's all finished.

• rain103rain103 476 Posts
    Definitely feelin' the recent beats, Stacks! Here's one from a remix project I put out a couple months ago.
    Big_StacksBeatsoup

Another beat I bashed out this weekend (in between stressing about Brexit!)

leftrightBig_Stacks

Hey Rain103 and Duderonomy,

I felt both of your tracks, funky along with great sampling and programming.  There is some real talent on Soul Strut.  Raj, what about making another beat series from the 'Strut beat smiths?

Peace,

Big Stack from Kakalak

the_dL said:
    nice, great laid back feels

Thanks, my man.  I appreciate you taking the time to listen.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• kalakala 3,358 Posts
    all the beats up in here are fire as always
    humbled
    https://www.mediafire.com/?6basxxvmo5uu73w

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts

BeatsoupDuderonomyBig_Stackscai

• BeatsoupBeatsoup 511 Posts
    Digging the beats! Good to hear people staying with it and honing their craft.

https://soundcloud.com/henkelmusic/king-cobra/s-f00Cx
    *Soundcloud players are being sketchy

I'm working on a new album, fake soundtrack type of concept. I play everything but drums, picked up playing some viola and flute in the last while.

• rain103rain103 476 Posts
    Should we bring back a sample flip beat thread or nah?

rain103 said:

Hey Rain103,

I'm down for that, let's make it happen.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Hammered out today, beginning is a bit structure-less, but hey, that's jazz right?

coveleftright

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    rain103 said:
    Yes and yes!

leftright

• caicai spacecho 362 Posts
    rain103 said:

I wish I had time to participate... :(

Last effort at jazzing up the Wobulator track, not sure if I've over-egged it now. Any comments?

Another go at a beat, and again, criticism welcome!

cove

• Hey, I prefer "Let" to "Fries With Dat", but I think Fries has a more skilful production, almost like it's not based on samples. Smooth, you know? I think my preference for reggae sampling hip hop beats to vocal harmony samples makes the difference.
    Duderonomy