Stranger Things - Netflix

Beatnick DeeBeatnick Dee beatnickdee.com 71 Posts
Everyone has been raving about it all over my social media the past week or so. 4 episodes in and I can highly recommend it. Hooked. Really fuckin good show. David Harbour kills it, as do most of the kids. 

Anyone else here watching?
Duderonomy
TAGGED:

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Wellity-wellity well. Ears been burning? 8)

Will check it out.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    Latte pass.  There is a discussion in the non-GOT teevee thraed.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    ketan said:
    Latte pass.  There is a discussion in the non-GOT teevee thraed.
    Probably my favourite thing Netflix has done. But now I'm hating on waiting for a new season since I binged the whole thing. Love the theme song and overall sountrack.

Was happy to see this posted.

• BeatsoupBeatsoup 511 Posts
    I love this show so much, it's like a really good 80's movie extended. I was sad when it was over but what a last episode... Netflix is putting out some quality stuff, this is probably my favorite too

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    I just finished it. It was such a fun show. Definitely one of my favorite shows in a while. It was so easy to get lost in.

• Beatnick DeeBeatnick Dee beatnickdee.com 71 Posts
    Apparently the soundtrack will be released soon. Really looking forward to that. The music really adds to the shows overall vibe.

• BallzDeepBallzDeep 612 Posts
    Apparently the soundtrack will be released soon. Really looking forward to that. The music really adds to the shows overall vibe.

180 gram monster slime splattered vinyl from Mondo for $60?

• i got an x-files meets the goonies vibe. maybe winona overacts but she makes it feel kinda camp at the same time and now i'm kinda hanging for the next season! also wouldn't mind listening to it's soundtrack.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    I doth ride.  We ripped through 5 episodes before realizing there are only 8 in the first season.  I like how the series mixes camp with a genuine creepiness. 

I definitely want to peep the score to that show asap.  

Reminds me of countless 80's horror films.  

Btw, if yall dig that sound, Disasterpiece did a similar score for the film 'It Follows'...

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    I was mixed on the music. I ended up thinking more about how much they must have spent on the songs than the song's contribution to the specific scene. There's no question but that the music added to the 80s feel, but sometimes felt the fit could have been better. The music wasn't really made for music nerds though. I'm not mad at it overall. I think the Freaks and Geeks soundtrack was just as epic but more fitting to the series.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    Talking about this series did lead me to watch Nightbreed for the first time last night, which was very enjoyable in a 1990 way. 

• Watched the first ep yesterday, it was alright, watchable, I'm gonna watch more, but... does it uh, go places that the 80s movies it references haven't already? I want to like it, I like the nostalgia setting, the look and the potential of the stuff, but worried it's just a pastiche of existing schit. Also the music felt a bit too on-the-head with the "guys it's 1983, synths!" feel. And I love synths.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Watched it and loved it, but unsure what creeped me out more - the creature, or how anorexic that girl Nancy looked.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    Best scary thing I've ever seen. I usually avoid scary things, but still. Loved it!

just finished the last episode, been watching one a week for two months. Just felt right. Anticipating them like we were back in the 80's. 

Just great! Perfect for me. Loved it!

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts

Watched it and loved it, but unsure what creeped me out more - the creature, or how anorexic that girl Nancy looked.

This show had so many unique looking actors, especially compared to today's teevee. Nancy, Dustin, Johnathan, fuckin STEVE! That dude's look was over-the-top and yet right on. Like Joyce--she was hamming it up only until you remember her son is gone from some crazy shit...and they were doing cutaways to doggy reaction shots, really felt it was all by design. 

I didn't watch this in 2016 I watched it in 1983. All in, full commitment, I had goosebumps like five times.

I cried at a Scooby Doo once though, could just be Tenderberryosis. 

No, it was so good! It was all the good stuff from those 80s movies. Cover band's better than the original stuff. Hey I liked it