NFL-Banter-R : Fantasy Draft

JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
So #1 son and I were chatting (he's hooked on Madden) and he asks me,

"Dad, if you had #1 pick from any player in history, who would you take?"

I said Walter Payton.  He was flabbergasted it wasn't a QB.  But I like the running game.

SPEAK ON IT.

Comments

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I have to think a QB would be the choice. Payton's own career proves that a great RB can't cary a team without support. A great QB can do a lot even without great players. As much as it pains me to say it, look at what Tom Brady has done without ever having a truly elite RB or WR (Gronk is probably the best option he's ever had).

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    Joe Montana.  I say this as someone who never rooted for him.    Just too good to deny.  Imagine Joe in today's NFL where you get shot for touching the QB, you get shot for touching a receiver and the idea of 1 million passes per game for 3 yards is the prevailing game theory....

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

I have go with Roger 'The Dodger' Staubach.  He's one of the best QBs ever and I'm a Cowboys fan.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak 

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    If it had to be a QB, it would probably be Joe.  Not only were his stats good, he was a leader.  I just can't root for Brady...