I'm the UK in May (What 2 Do?)

2»

Comments

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    RAJ said:
    What's boggling my mind is there are no real good record store recommendations.  Where can I buy a Champs' record off the wall?

No, no records in teh UK.
    REC-XIT
    Duderonomy

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    REC-STAY!

(which way you voting?)

• kalakala 3,358 Posts
    couldn't resist

Duderonomy

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    REC-STAY!

(which way you voting?)
    Abstain, as usual. Won't line up with the twats on either side. All charlatans.

• The thing about Nando's is that each restaurant is slightly different: we had two in Oxford, the one on the centre was meh, but the Cowley road branch was great.
    Cowley location is "halal"

• RAJ said:
    What's boggling my mind is there are no real good record store recommendations.  Where can I buy a Champs' record off the wall?

One of the best stores on earth in London: Cosmos records. You can drop an easy 5k 

• trzakhstantrzakhstan IA 198 Posts
    I don't get it how did you get there?

• kalakala 3,358 Posts
    man there is no doubt that cosmos has the illest records on planet earth
    TSL or Big City never looked this 1/4 deep at their best
    jesus fuck

https://www.instagram.com/cosmosrecords/?hl=en

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I don't get it how did you get there?

• foefoe turo de la peira 196 Posts
    Jimster said:
    skel said:
    Nando's: For those with aspiration slightly higher than KFC

::hated it::
    You are really missing NOTHING by gas-facing Nandos.  And they are South African... "WHY DO YOU HATE MANDELLLAR??2//!!!?" etc.

Same for Wagamamas.  Unsure of their political leanings but their noodles taste like cardboard.

Srs doe, hit up the best curry place available.  Garlic naan days!!!!

I miss coriander naan. they don't do them down here.
    my only experience with nandos was buying their sauce, it was ok, but no curry.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    RAJ said:

No, no records in teh UK.

Aki has opened a Cosmos Records on Hackney Rd. With the conversion it might be a bit expensive, but as their Insta shows me, they got some records.

https://www.instagram.com/cosmosrecordslondon/

The wife and I have been talking about making a trip over. She's getting tired of my stories of my time living over there and wants to travel around the UK. I'm not even sure where to get a proper breakfast anymore.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    DOR said:
    The wife and I have been talking about making a trip over. She's getting tired of my stories of my time living over there and wants to travel around the UK. I'm not even sure where to get a proper breakfast anymore.
    The British have that sorted...  

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Great to see Mrs and Mrs RAJ yesterday in Cov.

Not sure what  % of my accent they deciphered but I am sure they did say they have enjoyed the food and have sampled that cooked breakfast magic - black pudding et al.  Props for your culinary sense of adventure, for picking up the tab for bar food I forgot to pay for :facepalm: and last but not least, for the magic that is T3H STRUT.

RAJDuderonomy

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts

RAJ said:

One of the best stores on earth in London: Cosmos records. You can drop an easy 5k 
    I'm a Cosmos fan but the London store is heavily stocked with US stuff so maybe not so many bargains for Americans. I mostly go to paw at their selection of dubious Canadian disco raers. Nice shops and cafes round the corner on Columbia Road, too.