The Art Of Organized Noise Doc

EIGHTYEIGHTY 224 Posts
edited March 2016 in Strut Central
I thought it was good. Was surprised they were snubbed by not being asked to help produce Speakerboxxx/The Love Below. 

What did you guys think?

Comments

• Scuba SteveScuba Steve @steveislikewoah 40 Posts
    Enjoyed it very much.  Interesting footage/photos and history of The Dungeon. 

I forgot Cee-lo used to be dope.  Salivating on the Soul Food/Cell Therapy 45 on eBay.

Made me re-visit the Outkast catalog over the last week... Southerplayalistic is still my shit... I am not too attached to the rest of their catalog.  Aint no thang, Southerplayalistic, Hoodie Hoo, Crumbling Herb, Playas Ball, Call of the Wild, on and on, not a weak joint on the album.
    EIGHTY

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    Enjoyed it very much.  Interesting footage/photos and history of The Dungeon. 

I forgot Cee-lo used to be dope.  Salivating on the Soul Food/Cell Therapy 45 on eBay.

Made me re-visit the Outkast catalog over the last week... Southerplayalistic is still my shit... I am not too attached to the rest of their catalog.  Aint no thang, Southerplayalistic, Hoodie Hoo, Crumbling Herb, Playas Ball, Call of the Wild, on and on, not a weak joint on the album.
    Smother playlists cigs* is also really long, isn't it? I remember it being not only nearly all great songs, but long songs, and a lot of them. 

I will definitely watch this doc.

*not changing that autocorrect, and not looking up southernplayalistic's run time. And whoa was it the apostrophe that saved this one I dunno don't care jyst messageboardin
    cai

• Beatnick DeeBeatnick Dee beatnickdee.com 71 Posts
    First half was great. Background music was awful throughout though, aside from the proper songs of course. Enjoyed it overall. 

• EIGHTYEIGHTY 224 Posts
    Up to this day I thought Organized Noize produced "85" from Youngbloodz. I looked up the production credits on Discogs to double check and nope. It was produced by a group called Parental Advisory. But I swear ON put their hands on that beat, the guitar alone has that ON feel to it. 

https://youtu.be/fxJsCc128MI

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Didn't Organised Noise produced the Parental Advisory albums anyway ?

Interesting doco. Badly edited though. 

And curious why not more of the actual music they produced wasn't played. Instead of the boring 808 stabs and moody keys that gave you no real idea of the actual music they where responsible for. 

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I couldn't get through it.  Love me some of their beats (especially on ATliens) but I don't find the back story / or people interesting enough for a full fledged documentary.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Its good up until they broke up. There was no third chapter story. Shit was a wrap.
    Deserving tribute though.