WHAT SHOES IS HE WEARING?

Can someone name or tell me what shoes Roger Taylor is wearing in queens, The Works Album.

Ive included pictures. 

Comments

• para11axpara11ax No-style-havin' mf'er 398 Posts
    Guy, I think you need to take that shit to shoestrut.com

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts

Alex Winter doppelganger!

Can someone name or tell me what shoes Roger Taylor is wearing in queens, The Works Album.
    What's the diff?

Ive included pictures. 

You did!

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Those shoes were mail-order only from the days before the internet.  They were often advertised in Sunday newspaper suppliments.  Their USP was being easy to fasten and therefore suitable for the elderly.

I recall a club in Leeds where a strange-looking, not-the-full-shilling type of chap was trying to gain access to a club in the very same shoes.  The door staff were being as diplomatic as possible and declined him entry based on his footwear not being smart enough.

Then along comes the one JOHN GALLIANO in exactly the same shoes and waltzes in unhindered with his entourage. 

Oddball chap turns to the bouncers and asks "What about that then?  He's got the same shoes as me."

"Ah, but he's being ironic." said the bouncers.

For the record, if you wore those shoes in our neck of the woods and you weren't a skint pensioner, you would have been rinsed mercilessly.  If not beaten.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Jimster said:

"Ah, but he's being ironic." said the bouncers.

LOL

My browser experience has lost the "Like" button.

Is this a new thing or Windows 7 related?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    It saddens me that they can have a Queen album fronting their shoes and not give shine to May's clogs. 

In fact it looks like that may be his clogless socked foot hiding behind Taylor's zipups. Insult to injury. Why they wanna keep this man down?

Can I wear Crocs on my album cover?  (no socks)

b/w

SUPER OG STATUS RESTORED!

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Jimster said:
    I think it would really depend on the rest of the outfit. Yacht rock related? Banana Hammock? Personally I always wanted to do one of those Business/ Street front and back covers ala New Edition's HeartBreak:

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Junior said:

"Why I gotta wear shorts?"
    "You're the only one of us who wouldn't need to shave his legs. Hear, you can wear these Raybans you big jessie"

b/w

"Hey, I didn't know you went to UCLA!?!?"
    "I di-n't, my name is oooklah" (copyright Prince Paul)

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

Junior said:
    Jimster said:
    I think it would really depend on the rest of the outfit. Yacht rock related? Banana Hammock? Personally I always wanted to do one of those Business/ Street front and back covers
    I like that someone took the concept of the Mullet and ran with it on a different level.

My Crocs are silver-birch effect wood-print.  Like, if you're going to have comical footwear, best get hung for a sheep rather than a lamb. Theee ideal shits for slipping on and taking the bins out, getting beer from "The Big Fridge" and such.  I wouldn't wear them to a club.  Not before asking John Galliano, anyway.  Imagine that - both of us being there in the same shoes... :slaps forehead:

• para11axpara11ax No-style-havin' mf'er 398 Posts
    RAJ said:

• caicai spacecho 362 Posts
    Duderonomy said:

My browser experience has lost the "Like" button.

Is this a new thing or Windows 7 related?
    Mine too - using Internet explorer 11 on Windows 7 here at work. (cc: @raj )

Mine too.

FF on W7/10

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    ketan said:

What's the diff?

Ive included pictures. 

You did!

Not sure if it's just the way the collar is laying but seems like some untraditional tailor styles, no? The shoes and the shirt, all sort of proto-pirate shirt from Seinfeld. Like modern pirate styles from Flash Gordon. Ahead of his time.

• Hey! Queen are what you see are what gets! Don't make whole things about it K?

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    white_tea said:
    ketan said:

What's the diff?

Ive included pictures. 

You did!

Not sure if it's just the way the collar is laying but seems like some untraditional tailor styles, no? The shoes and the shirt, all sort of proto-pirate shirt from Seinfeld. Like modern pirate styles from Flash Gordon. Ahead of his time.
    Are you thinking Bill & Ted's?  

Because I am.