Rap You're Liking

Comments

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    So guessing there's about 3 rap fans left on the site now?

Sneak UK track:

• I guess at this point I've more left the board than am left on it but
    Pusha T - Darkest Before Dawn
    50 - The Kanan Tape
    Dave East - Hate Me Now
    Mike Davis - King Davis
    Yo Gotti - CM8
    Jadakiss - T5DOA (tape not album)

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    More guilty pleasure shit here.  Obligatory white rapper that sound aiight poast...the beat and the cadence are what I think I enjoy about it...content is 'meh':

PS-Nice to see Pain In Da Ass is still alive.  

bassie2 said:
    I guess at this point I've more left the board than am left on it but
    Pusha T - Darkest Before Dawn
    50 - The Kanan Tape
    Dave East - Hate Me Now
    Mike Davis - King Davis
    Yo Gotti - CM8
    Jadakiss - T5DOA (tape not album)

Hi bassie!

For some reason I've found myself reluctant to check out the Pusha T. I'm guessing it's worth giving a listen to then?

• I thought MNIMN was really disappointing - it's basically a two tracker for me. I was hesitant with Darkest, too, but I rate it high now.

It was a really good year for rap, what was good was excellent...and varied. Vince Staples, Jay Rock, Jadakiss, Yo Gotti, Travis Scott, Jeezy, Dave East and Pusha are my top lps this year and they are all super different from each other.

• how bitch how

bassie2 said:
    I thought MNIMN was really disappointing - it's basically a two tracker for me. I was hesitant with Darkest, too, but I rate it high now.

It was a really good year for rap, what was good was excellent...and varied. Vince Staples, Jay Rock, Jadakiss, Yo Gotti, Travis Scott, Jeezy, Dave East and Pusha are my top lps this year and they are all super different from each other.

OK really good to know thanks; MNIMN was so underwhelming as to disappear from my memory as soon as I heard it and I assumed that future GOOD releases would follow a similar path. I will check it out (along with the Jay Rock which entirely slipped by me).

Yes, it was a really, strong year for rap and, particularly, consistently good whole albums/mixtapes  It was also great to see people like Vince Staples follow up their promise with strong albums.  
    In addition to your list I'd  personallyadd the beautifully morose Earl Sweatshirt album which got me really excited for what he does next along with Future's mixtapes, Denzel Curry, Milo, and various Young Thug. Just looking at that list underlines the variety of the releases I enjoyed and I wasn't even really digging deep last year. Would really welcome another year like that.

Wassup, Bassie?!

(album is flames - wish i'd grabbed a copy of the vinylz)

Wonder how Harvey's doing.  ??

Will give that Westside Gunn a listen thanks. Bassie AWOL and where is Harvey anyway?

New Ka is a continuation of previous but I think might actually top Dr Yen Lo....

Now cueing up Purple Reign.....

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts

Junior said:
    Will give that Westside Gunn a listen thanks. Bassie AWOL and where is Harvey anyway?

New Ka is a continuation of previous but I think might actually top Dr Yen Lo....

Now cueing up Purple Reign.....
    after a couple more listens, i'm finding the Westside Gunn too slow to handle over a whole mixtape, but i think i'll still go back to certain songs.

i like that Ka and am liking Purple Reign (slowly making my way through it).

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    havent checked in for a while - busy irl - westside gunns voice grates a little - hard to listen to long stretches - but when he combines with conway i appreciate. All the production and lyrics om their tapes etc are well above average imo.

This is crazy

Hall & Nash Ep is good too

metro is doing some nice mello beats lately

i'm geeked to hear what his beat is on the ye album

• 2 chainz & lil wayne - back on my bullshit

best wayne verse in a loooooooooooong time. 

Smoke Dza X Fraud

Alchemist X Curren$y
    ketan

Him back....all Hail Spark.  Love this dude...

Duderonomy

What do I get for winning this entire thread? Why do people sleep?
    How broadly does the God of goosebumps smile when Joe hops on Ditc ish in 2016?
    What does kanyes face look like when he hears the line 'Yall been turning pussy like bruce to caitlyn!'

Questions... questions....
    JectWonketan

Westside Gunn ate your favorite rappers sandwich.

staxwax said:

Yo Dawg I heard you liked Ghostface so we put a Ghostface imitator on your Ghostface imitator's track.

staxwax said:

What do I get for winning this entire thread? Why do people sleep?
    How broadly does the God of goosebumps smile when Joe hops on Ditc ish in 2016?
    What does kanyes face look like when he hears the line 'Yall been turning pussy like bruce to caitlyn!'

Questions... questions....
    This whole thing has me standing up in my cube like:

staxwax

Junior said:
    staxwax said:

Yo Dawg I heard you liked Ghostface so we put a Ghostface imitator on your Ghostface imitator's track.

Sonnnn, your train left the station in 2011. You fell asleep and woke up in the depot with a long ass beard.
    A worker in an orange jacket is nudging you to wake up. His earbuds are leaking, you can't quite make it out, but it sounds catchy.

• 5156001780051560017800 wiltshire 7 Posts

Gets a lot of plays lately ...says a lot I suppose 

this new kendrick album (untitled unmastered) is really good.  

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Paging #Junior

Looks like Danny Brown was 4 years late to the party, but liking this a lot. And a free WAV download too!

Best tune on this new coronels imo - harry fraud production - meyhem bodies this - love his flow

another tune with meyhem killing his guest spot - look forward to the Mey album with dj muggs, and piatto d'oro on fools gold
    Flygod is a terrific album - limited wax is loooong gone too, looks like a good investment

Paging #Junior

Looks like Danny Brown was 4 years late to the party, but liking this a lot. And a free WAV download too!
    This is great! Lovely reuse of Actress by Skywlker and as a bonus it's a version of Kush Coma without ASAP Ploppy.,

I miss the days when the idea of Brown over "EDM" beats didn't fill me full of dread. I still play XXX.

Entirely unrelated to the above but Boosie is quietly releasing the most truly personal rap music I've heard in some time.