Record Covers that Scare(d) the Shit out of You.

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited May 2015 in Strut Central
I remember seeing King Diamond record covers in the store and being utterly disturbed.

The gatefold to we sold our souls by Sabbath

Comments

• deezleedeezlee 298 Posts
    I saw a record I think it was Swedish or something. It had a young girl on the cover with a handprint on her butt and said something about her daddy. It was an incest pedophile joke or something. Didn't cop for a buck and sorta regretted it but it's probly better not to add to my got-it-just-for-the-cover crate anyway.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    anything with this dude on the cover:

• djtopcatdjtopcat Seattle WA The 206 312 Posts
    Next to Black Sabbath's creepy witch cover first album, this takes the cake.
    Dude holding a dismembered penis over his head on a rock?? 0_o

• GibboGibbo 124 Posts
    For reasons I now cannot fathom the sight of these guys in a cave used to scare the crap out of me as a child.

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    When I was a kid, this was always the first/front record in the store racks due to alphabetical order. Didn't scare the hell out of me as much as it helped put the hell in me, but yeah...

• TheKindCromangTheKindCromang 1,463 Posts
    Technically the inside cover, but still, this used to trip/freak the fuck out of me...

• BeatsoupBeatsoup 511 Posts
    Most of the Scorpions covers, maybe not scarey but real disturbing.

• BallzDeepBallzDeep 612 Posts

this shit right here!
    rcwinkly

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    djtopcat said:
    Next to Black Sabbath's creepy witch cover first album, this takes the cake.
    Dude holding a dismembered penis over his head on a rock?? 0_o
    Yeah creepy for sure. Also, that's not a normal rock...

Still... great album. I've been wanting to upgrade from a second to first press with poster (which is pretty out there too).

• Stumbled across this post and I had to share... It was scary front back and inside!
    ketanRAJ

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    I've never seen that cover, but there are a lot of similarities with a vivid nightmare I used to have when I was in uni.  Ahh!

• Out of all my uncle's albums...this one really freaked me out

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    I grew up in a place without television in the early 80s. We were over at a friend's house and they thought it would be cool to show me TV for the first time and they thought it would be a good idea for that 5 year old's first experience to be the Michael Jackson's Thriller video. So deeply traumatizing. For a long time.

• foefoe turo de la peira 196 Posts
    thriller was scary as fuck when i was a kid. 
    i'll just drop this here

dukeofdelridgefinelikewine

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    foe said:
    thriller was scary as fuck when i was a kid. 
    i'll just drop this here

That'll do it!

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts