If SoulStrut put out a compilation...

DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
...what would be on it?

After the Strut 100 covered albums, I'm curious about the Strut's top individual tracks (whether released as singles or not) and what a Soul Strut comp would look like considering there would be a finite number of tracks, whether to stick with a theme/genre, or covering all bases... I think the selection process would be fun (nominations, voting), and I suppose there must be a few heads on here who actually know the business of licencing. For all these years with so much knowledge on the board, why hasn't this already been done?

001 Soul Strut
002 Psyche Strut
003 Freakbeat Strut...

039 Moombahton Strut

Alternatively, make a comp of WAVs for sharing on here?

Comments

• trzakhstantrzakhstan IA 198 Posts
    I thought there was a compilation of sample based producers who shared their tracks on the internet in places like this, released in Germany a long time ago

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I thought Raj did a yacht rock mix.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I thought there was a compilation of sample based producers who shared their tracks on the internet in places like this, released in Germany a long time ago
    Yes!  And Here it Is!

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Both sides of the Belgian 5" flexi got to be on there
    The 24 Karat Black and Can tracks
    Didnt I
    Low Down
    Apache and Bongo on opposing sides

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    I'm personally holding out for a Strut comp of the best traxx played backwards

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Rep a Mingering or your (sic) soft.

• caicai spacecho 362 Posts

Surely

• Any white label unreleased records that members have come across in their diggin travels...the title of the lp;    Unknown- You dont know until you know...

• para11axpara11ax No-style-havin' mf'er 398 Posts
    There was a thread years ago where Curtis' "Move On Up" seemed to be a consensus pick mentioned by the likes of Ms. Bassie, among others.