Stylus...sssss

PicklesPickles 67 Posts
Been using Ortofons lately =and well they are shit shit shit... hang on did i tell they are the worst f%$%$% stylus I ever used..shit shit..
Whats evreyone else using? im pretty sure this topic has been slayed before but f%$%$ me...why oh why arent there any decent stylus out there..anywhere ...somewhere..bring back the old Stantons...thoughts??

Comments

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    For djing you can't go wrong with Shure m44-7's..

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    Agreed on the M44-7 for DJ usage, and I've heard good things about the Shure White Labels but haven't tried them.

For listening at home I've been really happy with the Denon DL-110. You used to able to find them for about $110, but now they are up to about $175. They are pretty amazing sounding cartridges at real world prices. They are fragile though, I would never use them for DJing. But the sound is full and accurate and the best I've found for the money. 

• deezleedeezlee 298 Posts
    44-7s for djin. The concord style needles eat records in my experience. 

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    best  djing cards that stood the test of time and are held in high regard universaly are the Stanton SA890. But it's getting harder and harder to find replacement styluses.

• para11axpara11ax No-style-havin' mf'er 398 Posts
    Shure White Labels for me. They track more delicately than 44-7s, so maybe not as good for scratching, but they're easier on your raers and have slightly better fidelity in my experience.

Take all of this with a grain of salt tho. I'm no audiophile or "big dude" DJ.

• para11axpara11ax No-style-havin' mf'er 398 Posts
    best  djing cards that stood the test of time and are hold in high regard universaly are the Stanton SA890. But it's getting harder and harder to find replacement styluses.
    I've heard this as well. Never played on them myself but always wanted to.

• caicai spacecho 362 Posts
    Pickles said:
    Been using Ortofons lately =and well they are shit shit shit... hang on did i tell they are the worst f%$%$% stylus I ever used..shit shit..

What don't you like about them? I use the red dot ones

I remember comparing them to a shure m44-7 and they were quieter, but the sound quality seemed as good when I turned up the volume.

I really like them because they are so thin - they play through warps that would bump against all the other ones I've tried.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    For DJ purposes nothing beats the Shure 447-44G. Durable, sound great and cost effective. Carts for listening is a whole other bag of worms... 

• para11ax said:
    Shure White Labels for me. They track more delicately than 44-7s, so maybe not as good for scratching, but they're easier on your raers and have slightly better fidelity in my experience.

Take all of this with a grain of salt tho. I'm no audiophile or "big dude" DJ.
    They sound MUCH better than 44-7s imo, but they are fragile as fugg. And not as good for scratching, like you said.

• I like the ortofones , I've had the serato, but they are fragile. Take a while to break in too.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Shure, White Labels or M-44.