Rich dude just paid 2 million for that lone Wu Tang album lol

djtopcatdjtopcat Seattle WA The 206 312 Posts
I'm a huge Wu fan from the beginning but come on! I wouldn't pay $200 for it, it's probably mediocre at best.
I hope some of the money goes to charity or something. 
http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/09/entertainment/martin-shkreli-wu-tang-album-feat/index.html?sr=fbCNN121015martin-shkreli-wu-tang-album-feat0525AMVODtopLink&linkId=19461856

Comments

• para11axpara11ax No-style-havin' mf'er 398 Posts
    Martin Shkreli is a piece of shit. 
    DORkicks79djtopcatPickles

• Please let the 'Heist / Bill Murray' clause be a real thing.
    might make the whole scenario at funny at least.

• Man that dude is a piece of work.
    tweeting "if yer wondering why yer favorite artist has a hole in their catalog..."
    and talking about how he got it so that he could meet famous people like Taylor swift by playing it for them in person. 
    Where's the wu-army when you need em. 

• THis thread would have been much more interesting if the title was 

POOR DUDE JUST PAID 2 MILLION FOR THAT LONE WU TANG ALBUM LOL

• CrabbyCrabby Kanata 23 Posts
    this guy is like a bond villain.

• Fred_GarvinFred_Garvin The land of wind and ghosts 337 Posts
    johnblack said:
    Please let the 'Heist / Bill Murray' clause be a real thing.
    might make the whole scenario at funny at least.

Well, now that he's going to jail, somebody may well take advantage of his absence and steal it anyway.
    DuderonomyDORPickles

• kicks79kicks79 1,333 Posts
    Selling 2 million dollar wu tang album to post bail 

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

• worth remembering before we laugh too hard at this clown:
    http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/dec/17/martin-shkreli-schadenfreude-very-other-ceo
    dude basically has a 0% chance of doing time and about a 5% chance of a soft-hand slap on the wrist

• I don't have time to find the link but that recent interview where he beefs w rza and says that he can make people disappear and he's had guns in his face in the hood and he rolls around Vegas w 3 mil cash and stuff is a pretty entertaining read. 

• He says "what does he (rza) think I sell cookies? Motherfucker, I sell drugs!"
    LaserWolf

• djtopcatdjtopcat Seattle WA The 206 312 Posts
    I just read that his employees got their pink slips a few days before Christmas. What a scumbag!
    Wu should burn his mansion down.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    deezlee said:
    I don't have time to find the link but that recent interview where he beefs w rza and says that he can make people disappear and he's had guns in his face in the hood and he rolls around Vegas w 3 mil cash and stuff is a pretty entertaining read. 
    http://hiphopdx.com/interviews/id.2825/title.martin-shkreli-plans-to-bail-out-bobby-shmurda

My favorite part is where he thinks he can rap as well as GZA. 

"GZA is literally a genius. Not everyone loves his flow. I can do something like that, I guarantee it. I’ve reached out to a few producers and a few feature artists just to test the waters. I would never put anything out unless it was just golden. I don’t need to embarrass myself. I’m doing fine in pharma. I don’t need another career, but I love creativity. I write music. I was in a lot of bands in high school and college. I love rap, obviously. I think I could express myself through it. There’s never been an [incredibly wealthy] rapper. All these guys rap about is money and I have a lot to say."

- diego

• para11axpara11ax No-style-havin' mf'er 398 Posts
    Edit: (never mind)

There’s never been an [incredibly wealthy] rapper. All these guys rap about is money and I have a lot to say."

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Wuh - OH!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    If this ain't some kinda publicity thing, dude either has giant balls or some major mental health issues.

I still laughed at this mind you.

http://i.imgur.com/JHb0W8B.png

I'd go with major mental problems. He's down with those dude as much as Grant is down with Kool G.

• deezleedeezlee 298 Posts

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    I made it 27 seconds into that Grant* video before I had to turn it off.  Holy f*cking sh8t.  Where are Grant*'s parents in all this?

haha karma comes around

DORJunior