Chicago, Damn

CrabbyCrabby Kanata 23 Posts
edited November 2015 in Off Topic (NRR)
13 months to decide whether to lay a charge, then they do it the day the video is released because a judge ordered that it be released. the guy has been collecting his salary until today and sitting at home. how corrupt can you get?

Comments

• para11axpara11ax No-style-havin' mf'er 398 Posts
    Crabs, what's this about? (I've only been paying attn to int'l news).

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    To the question "how corrupt can you get?", time will tell.
    Will the prosecutor put forth a strong case? Will the defense get a change of venue? Will a new judge deny the videos as evidence? Will the police union protest the charges?

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    para11ax said:
    Please do tell which int'l news outlets you're reading that you could somehow escape this global story. 
    para11ax

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Is this about Chicago's Gitmo?

• CrabbyCrabby Kanata 23 Posts
    i guess the almost routine nature of this debacle does not qualify it as international news but somehow I think it should be.

google: LAQUAN MCDONALD

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Oh ok. Yup, same old same old in 'murica, fuck yeah. Any point even saying anything about gun control, endemic racism etc?

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    This has been in print and on screen today in the UK, but the 'genre' is well established now, and 'new' it ain't.

white cop kills unarmed black kid walking away is as Merican as apple pie and Hooters by now. Which of course is painfully sad, SO FUCKING DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT ALREADY

• trzakhstantrzakhstan IA 198 Posts
    complaining about the international schadenfreude of these events?

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    It's not new, but the video was released and the officer was charged during the same week Spike Lee's "Chi-Raq" had its premier, here in Chicago, and it also coincided with a shooting (of protesters) at a #BlackLivesMatter protest in Minneapolis, making the continuing media narrative real easy. 

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Just googled Chi-Raq, wasn't knowing. Give me a latte.

Has is Chi-Raq being received in Chicago?
    I just read a comment that complained that Spike was an outsider and knows nothing about Chicago gangs and that the movie was unrealistic. Spike should go back to NY blah, blah.

The unrealistic part is not surprising, since the story was written by Aristotle thousands of years ago.

• Five cops walked into a Burger King and got permission to review surveillance video of the area around this shooting/execution.  They erased the evidence.

There should be numerous pigs locked up over this case.  The cops did everything they could to avoid any sort of accountability.  The city just wanted the case to go away.  There's still a very good chance the killer will walk, because all you need is one copsucking lawnorder right-wing barf bag on the jury in order to ruin a trial.

A very large percentage of American cops are complete swine who have no business wielding authority.  The problem isn't going away soon, either, because most white people want it that way.  The older they are the more likely they are to want it that way.

And there aren't enough guillotines available to speed things up.

• Reynaldo82Reynaldo82 NorCal 73 Posts
    Kid got caught lacking; simple as that. I don't make any distinction between gang activity and police activity in parts of Chicago. I can't even imagine the level of hardened sociopathy required to really want to be a cop out there. Just reading the news I see FedEx drivers getting their whole truck taken/delivery guys getting robbed daily, landlords getting robbed after collecting rent, whole neighborhoods being denied basic services because they too dangerous to enter, undercover cops getting ran off the block by the guys, Rondo #9 posting up with a rocket launcher on Instagram, cops getting reprimanded only after putting hits out on other cops. It's only really worth it for the cops who specifically enjoy the nihilistic fuckery and corruption. Let's be real: the ability to rob drug dealers and kill with impunity is about the only thing making that job attractive right now.
    ManItsAHighCastle

• para11axpara11ax No-style-havin' mf'er 398 Posts
    white_tea said:
    para11ax said:
    Totally understandable question given the refugee crisis, boil-water advisory for 100 Aboriginal communities in Canada, and you probably being just generally busy taking precedence. I sometimes forget that not everyone is American and not everyone accesses the news the same way I do. Anyway, it's more " white cop in the US kills black kid". 

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    Good ol' Rey!

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    Just googled Chi-Raq, wasn't knowing. Give me a latte.

Has is Chi-Raq being received in Chicago?
    I just read a comment that complained that Spike was an outsider and knows nothing about Chicago gangs and that the movie was unrealistic. Spike should go back to NY blah, blah.

The unrealistic part is not surprising, since the story was written by Aristotle thousands of years ago.

Just watched it and really liked it as a film.

It was hysterical and avant garde, so i wouldn't go looking for realism.

All that said, the opening song was terribly hokey.  That drill beat was nice.  I'd like to hear some freestyles.

Ps. Wesley Snipes!
    LaserWolf