WAXIDERMY...R.I.P.?

13»

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts

Duh. Sorry. And, uhh, sorry. 
    "Beyond the relaxation response" - never confuse your amyl nitrite with amyl nitrate.

RAJ said:
    ppadilha said:

did the lady's cats scare you away before you could buy her collection of cristals and elf figures?

ppadilha

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    bjorn said:
    I keep wonder if web site is real or joke?
    Is teh bone a backlash against listening to too much funk? Can you OD on raer deep funk 45s and need to balance it out with something at the, uhm, other end of the spectrum? Or are the majority of heads on Waxi record store owners that get these oddities passing through their hands and are involved in a game of one-up-manship (ayo, his mailouts were aiiight) in kitsch that just got a little meta?
    Or... is the wall of bone a great ebay money laundering scam?
    Boners: The New Tax Scam Records

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    bjorn said:
    Is teh bone a backlash against listening to too much funk? Can you OD on raer deep funk 45s and need to balance it out with something at the, uhm, other end of the spectrum? Or are the majority of heads on Waxi record store owners that get these oddities passing through their hands and are involved in a game of one-up-manship (ayo, his mailouts were aiiight) in kitsch that just got a little meta?
    Bonerz have very little to do with money....sure a couple have somehow become desirable, but 99% of them are strictly documented examples of things that should have never existed in the first place.
    stratasphere

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    i'm just going to put this CD-format bone right here...

• The bone is mostly a way for hipsters to make fun of Southerners, Xians and southern Xian little people.  Also fat guys.

bjorn said:
    Bonerz have very little to do with money....sure a couple have somehow become desirable, but 99% of them are strictly documented examples of things that should have never existed in the first place.
    So why are Waxists buying them? I never had the storage space or money to (knowingly) invest in chud. Hoarders, or just very fucking bored people?

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    ^people with a sense of humor maybe?  Ha!

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    So why are Waxists buying them? I never had the storage space or money to (knowingly) invest in chud. Hoarders, or just very fucking bored people?
    Because the Bonerz thread on Waxidermy is GOLD?

ketan said:
    ^people with a sense of humor maybe?  Ha!
    I can understand that it's funny... but buying that shit?

• trzakhstantrzakhstan IA 198 Posts
    i think its the joy of owning something special or unique

• leofromvermontleofromvermont Steve Halpern's glovebox 30 Posts
    BONE is a state of mind.

I understand not understanding it. But it's way more satisfying to be able to pull your bone out to show, say, a pretty lady then it is to only have to fumble through your phone to show her the bone pic you posted on a internet web site for a bunch of dudes. 

REAL TALK

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    do you guys talk about bikes or what
    Jimster

• i think its the joy of owning something special or unique
    They reissued the Todd record.  That's like sneaking into drugstores and putting Thalidomide back on the shelves.
    Jimster

• NoRecordSnobsNoRecordSnobs Victoria, BC, Canada 7 Posts
    A few days now Waxi free. It feels great. I won't miss all of the bitching and negativity. 

I'm sure they won't miss me either

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    somebody call the 

lol 

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    A few days now Waxi free. It feels great. I won't miss all of the bitching and negativity. 

I'm sure they won't miss me either
    Ha!  Soul Strut used to be the place where people bickered and fought and trolled each other.  A lot of people left here to go over to Waxidermy because the people were more chill.

Now the opposite is happening....

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Crink would go down on a leper for tepid funk.

Remains an enduring image, even after all these years.
    Jimster

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    The age old question:

Do people who post on Waxidermy get the punani?

Aka many, many acetates

b/w

does any Bone bang in the clurb?

skel said:
    Aka many, many acetates

b/w

No, bonerz by definition have no musical merit whatsoever.

skel said:
    Aka many, many acetates

b/w

No, bonerz by definition have no musical merit whatsoever.
    And for that reason, ahm oot

• leofromvermontleofromvermont Steve Halpern's glovebox 30 Posts
    Waxi has been up since monday?  DAMN.  My internet skills are beyond poor
    para11axNateBizzo