OFFICIAL '15-'16 NBA SEASON THREAD Mamba's Last?

2»

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    GSW are so much better than everyone else, it's a contest to see who can be second best.
    Certainly not my Blazers. Nice young team, play hard, never give up, but a long way from being competitive.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    GO LAKERS!  WE ARE CERTAINLY IN THE RACE FOR A HIGH DRAFT PICK AGAIN.  

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    GSW are so much better than everyone else, it's a contest to see who can be second best.
    Certainly not my Blazers. Nice young team, play hard, never give up, but a long way from being competitive.
    Don't sleep on the Spurs and Cavs.  They're both playing good ball right now.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Absolutely. They are #1 for #2. I'm liking Spurs over Cavs because they have the better bench.

This years NFL has convinced me that the best bench wins. Works for base and basket balls as well, soccer too.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Both James Harden and Dwight Howard continue to be overrated players with limited skills.  Too many folks believed the hype, but I never bought it (check my past posts about Houston).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Im curious to see what Cavs become after Kyrie settles in.

batmon said:
    Im curious to see what Cavs become after Kyrie settles in.
    They'll be right there at the top of the East again.  

Fully loaded Cavs vs GS Finals would be sick.  Cavs just need to play consistently enough until then, cuz GS is gonna come guns blazing every time.

Damn this place is dead, is it not????????  I'M about to go rampage and start WORKING YOU SON, JONNYPAYCHECK.  

What's new guys.

• leofromvermontleofromvermont Steve Halpern's glovebox 30 Posts

Even at 20-22 the Alabaster Ewing has hope in Gotham.  But yeah, the sun is setting in the west this year. 

Hey,

Here's my take a few months in (random thoughts):

-Porzingis will be the Rookie of the Year

-The Knicks are playing surprisingly well.

-The Clippers continue to disappoint.  They need to push the detonator plunger on that squad and start over.  Doc Rivers will get fired at season's end.

-The Cavs will win the East.

-Houston is booty, but what would one expect with a team led by James Harden and Dwight Howard.

-Damn, Jordan Clarkson can ball (Lakers bright spot).

-I feel sorry for Anthony Davis (great player on a butt team-related).

-Booby Cousins is nice (just a bit of a knucklehead, though).

-The Grizz look shaky (need some perimeter shooting).

-Miami is looking better than I ever expected.

-Dallas is good but not good enough to win the West.

-Indiana is looking good, but not good enough to win the East.

-GSW is rolling.

-The Spurs will win the West (yes, I said it).  They 'went big' during the offseason to beat GSW, and I think it will work.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

LaserWolf

Hey,

Here's my take a few months in (random thoughts):

-Porzingis will be the Rookie of the Year

-The Knicks are playing surprisingly well.

-The Clippers continue to disappoint.  They need to push the detonator plunger on that squad and start over.  Doc Rivers will get fired at season's end.

-The Cavs will win the East.

-Houston is booty, but what would one expect with a team led by James Harden and Dwight Howard.

-Damn, Jordan Clarkson can ball (Lakers bright spot).

-I feel sorry for Anthony Davis (great player on a butt team-related).

-Booby Cousins is nice (just a bit of a knucklehead, though).

-The Grizz look shaky (need some perimeter shooting).

-Miami is looking better than I ever expected.

-Dallas is good but not good enough to win the West.

-Indiana is looking good, but not good enough to win the East.

-GSW is rolling.

-The Spurs will win the West (yes, I said it).  They 'went big' during the offseason to beat GSW, and I think it will work.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Yup.

Indeed Jordan Clarkson has been on point since the end of last season and this year is really his break-out year.  Most improved player candidate.  

Really would like to see Porzingis on a better squad.  Real nice to see a Euro dude show potential on both sides of the court.  Is he more finesse or can he bang inside too? 

GSW is rolling and I always get the feeling, Steve Kerr is taking his time to get back, so that Luke Walton can get some shine.  I don't think that team needs a coach at this point.  Shit is on auto-pilot.  

I've watched very little bball this year. Most of what I have watched has bored me.
    Did I see GSW blowing out the Cavs last night?

I will wait for the second season.
    One sport at a time; NFL play offs (Panthers look unstoppable), March Madness, then the NBA 2nd season, baseball, Soccer, then MLB 2nd season.

Add in the summer olympics.

Some of you guys said it was ridiculous that I even mentioned Russell Westbrook as a future HOFer in 2014 or so.

Russell's listed at 49/100 of ESPN's all-time greats...

Dominique or Charles Barkley never won a title...

I was looking for this thread.
    Watched Warriors and Spurs the other night.
    Spurs' record is nearly as good as GS.
    Clearly, they did not have a great night against GS.
    What surprised me was the Spurs were unable to slow the game down.
    At the end they unveiled their 7'3" Serb. He will be a force, perhaps by playoff time. 

I think at the end of the year a best of 7 series will be epic.
    Spurs are built to win, and I think Pop is plotting ways to beat GS.

In other news I have a festering anger toward Paul Allen. Cheap bastard wouldn't pony up to keep Aldridge, Matthews and Lopez in Portland. What's the point of putting together a great young team if you are just going to tear them apart when they start to jell and mature and gain experience? Cheap bastard.

For those that missed one of the best games of the 2015-2016 season.  Steph Curry just made 12 threes, tying the single game record (Donyell Marhsall and Kobe Bryant).  

BEST SHOOTER I'VE EVER SEEN., EVER.  EVAH.  EVA (NO PRIMO).  FUCK SHIT DAMN BITCH.

Warriors about to break the Bulls record too.  

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts