Converting Pro Tools Audio Files

Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
Hey,

I'm working with an MC who records in Pro Tools.  I need to convert his vocal files to a format I can import into Logic (e.g., AAF or OMF).  If you can help, then please private message me with an email address where I should send the file. Thanks in advance for your help.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Comments

• To be technical of the question the audio files out of protools will be .aiff or .wav both readable and usable in Logic.

Sounds like you're looking to transfer an entire session. OMF import is available in Logic, your vocalist has to export from protools as an OMF file though. All current versions of PT all do this I believe but older LE versions might not.

Another way to export is to bounce the needed tracks individually out of protools all from the same starting point including the beat for sync. This way you can drop them in to any DAW and just line them all up at the start of the timeline.

Another option is this http://www.aatranslator.com.au/

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Beatsoup,

Actually, all I need are the vocal tracks to layer onto the musical tracks I originally recorded in Logic.  I appreciate your response.  I have the files I just need someone with Pro Tools (and the know how) to convert them for me (I don't have Pro Tools).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• I'll do it for some braeks, open drums ect.. PM the dets, I have Protools and can convert.