Creed

Good to see a franchise regain its magic.

Comments

• trzakhstantrzakhstan IA 198 Posts
    underrated musical group? time to rewrite the mid-200's musical canon? can you take me higher?

• para11axpara11ax No-style-havin' mf'er 398 Posts
    I think he means the Rocky movie (?)

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    Someone said yesterday "Clubber Lang > Apollo Creed".

GTFOOHWTBS

Apollo beat Rocky.

And Creed had "The Count of Monte Fisto" monicker.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Jimster said:
    Someone said yesterday "Clubber Lang > Apollo Creed".

GTFOOHWTBS

Apollo beat Rocky.

And Creed had "The Count of Monte Fisto" monicker.

I wouldnt mind seeing an Old Clubber Lang join Rocky and give Creed some advice in a sequel. 

never forget

Okay, ham sandwiches aside, is Creed actually a good fillim.

Or just Netflix that shit?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    While I enjoyed the film, and I thought Stallone did a really good job (Almost Oscar worthy). The final fight scene was nowhere near top Rocky fight scenes.

Stallone? Oscar worthy?! ...whoa

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Might be pushing it with that statement. But personally it felt like a great performance. Is it a stretch to be nominated? He's been nominated for 2 Oscars for the first Rocky.

The movie was decent overall. Just didn't think the final fight was all that hype. If someone is the kinda person that enjoys just going to the movies, I would recommend a theater go. But for many, a netflix wait will be fine.

But what do I know. I thought the kid from Beasts of No Nation was one of the best performances of the year hands down.

Nah, I trust your judgement dude. I'll def have a peek when time permits. 

para11ax said:
    He has actually won an Oscar.

Rocky was best pic,1976 IIRC.  He wroat and directed it.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Jimster said:
    para11ax said:

John G. Avildsen directed it and won the Best Director Oscar that year. Stallone was nominated for Best Actor and Best Original Screenplay, but won neither.

DocMcCoy said:
    Jimster said:
    para11ax said:

John G. Avildsen directed it and won the Best Director Oscar that year. Stallone was nominated for Best Actor and Best Original Screenplay, but won neither.
    I did not, uh, RC

It also won best movie, doe.

Ey Scouse - What a gwaan at Kloppa Castle?  Dominated City, sucked real hard since?

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    DOR said:
    Might be pushing it with that statement. But personally it felt like a great performance. Is it a stretch to be nominated? He's been nominated for 2 Oscars for the first Rocky.

The movie was decent overall. Just didn't think the final fight was all that hype. If someone is the kinda person that enjoys just going to the movies, I would recommend a theater go. But for many, a netflix wait will be fine.

But what do I know. I thought the kid from Beasts of No Nation was one of the best performances of the year hands down.

Yeah the final fight wasn't all that. The buildup was greater, which is what all the Rocky's flicks have. 
    At least they got past the all haymaker boxing that Clubber & Ivan did. The choreography has improved. 

Stallone should get a Supporting Actor nod. He didn't write or direct, so he could just be Rocky. 

Im a big fan of Tessa Thompson. She flying under the radar and I hope she gets her own vehicle down the line.

Jimster said:
    para11ax said:

Yeah, I knew he was either nominated or the winner of an Oscar for his acting in Rocky.

It's just that the franchise devolved into a vanity project/cash grab many movies ago and I'm just a bit shocked that this movie is legit.