Drunk music by people being drunk

would you guys now some music that was pressed up by actual drunk people? Not tunes like Alcohol (Robert Jay) but records by people that were drunk during recordings! I'd be curious to hear your finds/examples! ps. and please no Amy Whinehouse!
TAGGED:

Comments

• do you like rap?

• yeah why not - drunk is drunk ;-)!

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,098 Posts
    yeah, i mean, I don't *know* but I can only assume...

there's a church in San Juan Chamula in Chiapas (MX) where they use a mixture of Christian and traditional practices (e.g., as they are praying, they sometimes also sacrifice chickens). there is also a local band who are hired to play along as you're praying, and they sing for hours and are drinking moonshine the whole time. the music is awesome (:slow_burner:)... can't find any on the web but I have a DVD of them somewhere...  will try to find it and upload something.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    There is a bootleg jam session, probably easy to find, Jimi Hendrix with Jim Morrison and some other drunk people. Very drunk.

I'm sure that all the famous alcoholic musicians recorded while drunk, but were able to keep it together and were supported by band members and producers.
    Rolling Stones Exile on Main Street one example.

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    I've always found the vocals on this track to sound very slurred and drunken 

When Son House, the Delta bluesman, was rediscovered in the 60s he had quit playing blues, having moved on to religious music.
    Young white blues historians thought it was cool to get him drunk, because then he would play the blues.
    There are film clips of a drunk Son House made at the 1966 Newport Folk Festival.
    This is a film clip of an after hours show from the 1966 NFF of Howling Wolf. Wolf is attempting to silence a drunk Son House.

The full Howling Wolf set exists, as does clips of Son House playing and singing.

• I think I read that J-Zone & Dick $tallion's Go-rilla Pimps thing was done in one drunken night. I'm surprised at how few rappers have put out real slurred, drunk-sounding stuff that doesn't just come off as an affectation.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Me and my MCs were either drunk and/or blunted when we recorded (with a one exception such as E-Nite who neither drank nor smoked).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    There is a bootleg jam session, probably easy to find, Jimi Hendrix with Jim Morrison and some other drunk people. Very drunk.

This was the first one that sprung to mind - it's a Hendrix gig where Morrison climbs up on stage and starts screaming all the bits that were censored out of The End right?

Edit: found  an excerpt:

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Marvin Gaye had booked James Jamerson to play bass on "What's Going On", but Jamerson was absent when the session started.
    They found him in a local bar, hammered.  But it was Jamerson, so this was only a minor setback.
    He was too drunk to stand up, so he played the line lying on his back, having never seen the chart before.

Nailed it first take.

ketan