Next Wave Drill Music

Reynaldo82Reynaldo82 NorCal 73 Posts
edited November 2015 in Strut Central
Not sure who around here follows the Chicago/Chiraq drill music scene, but I thought I'd share this new track from Billionaire Black (very aspirational name, love it) and Daweirdo (Kendrick's flow, Tyler's style) that's pretty dope. Not a new sound, per se, but it has that Good Kid, M.A.A.D City vibe, and doesn't sound as ratchet as most drill, but the content is still ratchet. The visuals in the video are pretty dope, too--kinda remind me of 3 Feet High and Rising's.

Billionaire Black makes some pretty good music if you like that sound--better than Chief Keef (who is way bigger), notwithstanding "I Don't Like," which is an all time (Young Chop) banger.

Been playing the hell out of:

Lil Bibby "For The Low"
Duke Da Beast "Involve"
King Lil Jay x Billionaire Black "10k"
Uno x Billionaire Black "Costa Rica"
Young Chop "All I Got"
Squad x CEO "On Me"
FBG Duck x Billionaire Black "Bye Bye" / "Again" / "F*ck These Ni**as"

What's crazy is how young some of these dudes start doing music, which means their hustle is strong by like 20 (if they live that long, or make it out like Chief Keef, Lil Herb, Durk, Lil Bibby, etc. Many don't).

Video/Song is very NSFW and very funny. I feel like it could blow up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6GYhqDsqs4

Comments

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    i like the beat, but whooo -- that hook is beyond horrible.
    Kinetic

• trzakhstantrzakhstan IA 198 Posts
    great to see women treated with so much respect
    kicks79Kinetic

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    So this is a new sub genre? What's the difference between this and trap music?

• para11axpara11ax No-style-havin' mf'er 398 Posts
    Your taste is usually on point Rey, but this track is hot garbage. 

Kinetickicks79

• kicks79kicks79 1,333 Posts
    Kinetic said:
    So this is a new sub genre? What's the difference between this and trap music?
    Trap is traditionally from ATL this is Chi Town's equivalent.

These days every hipster is trying to make trap though.

Have to agree with Para11ax this track is straight  doo doo 

Kinetic

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Slim Jebus or GTFO.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Crazy how quickly Keef literally got fat. Can't say I've sifted through all his music, but haven't heard anything that quite captured the, umm, spirit of his original on-house-arrest shit 

• Reynaldo82Reynaldo82 NorCal 73 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:
    Slim Jebus or GTFO.
    The disclaimer at the beginning of that schitt is the best. Some people were wondering if he was for real or not, and it's like, of course he's not, the disclaimer says "none of this is real," basically. That's a crazy story though; he needs to put out something hot and keep his buzz up cuz his 15min is almost over.

Now there's that GMEBE BANDZ dude who I guess really is a super savage in the streets. It's just funny to see some clean cut looking white kid acting like a trap star. 

Oh and: WHITE IVERSON!

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:
    Slim Jebus or GTFO.
    Now there's that GMEBE BANDZ dude who I guess really is a super savage in the streets. It's just funny to see some clean cut looking white kid acting like a trap star. 

Great...now you just sent me into a k'hole of trying to figure out who the fuck this dude is.

I personally can't get into drill.  I'm sure the real reason I don't dig it is because I'm old and out of touch, but it just seems like a really predictable cadence and I don't hear enough beats that knock..I find myself waiting for the other shoe to drop on most of the beats.  

I do admit that Young MA is kind of interesting to me: