the Di Melo comeback album

apparently Di Melo has recorded his second album and will release sometime soon. He posted this teaser:

sounds promising to me. I saw him live a few months ago, he puts on a decent show except he doesn't have a band, so he played with a band cobbled together with local musicians and they sounded pretty rough at times.
pino

Comments

• Wow, I'm totally curious. His OG LP record is a GOAT. Wonder if they'll press some vinyl. That clip is great.

• pinopino 18 Posts

Nice! I can hear some of that 40-years-back di melo-sound there. Can't wait. Im big fan of the first album (only got the reissue though).

• mickalphabetmickalphabet deep inna majestic segue 374 Posts
    I was living in the same neighborhood in Sao Paulo as him, used to see him rocking about on the regular. That clip is decent! 

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    I was living in the same neighborhood in Sao Paulo as him, used to see him rocking about on the regular. That clip is decent! 

I wonder what he's been doing with himself in the 40-odd years since he released his only LP. He seems pretty cooky.

I also hope he doesn't impose an eye-watering price tag on this new record like he did when his old one was reissued.

• mickalphabetmickalphabet deep inna majestic segue 374 Posts
    ppadilha said:

I wonder what he's been doing with himself in the 40-odd years since he released his only LP. He seems pretty cooky.

I also hope he doesn't impose an eye-watering price tag on this new record like he did when his old one was reissued.
    I was speaking to a friend who said he has actually recorded a bit of material over the years, but with fairly lame bands, shit production, no distro just selling them himself on CD to a couple of stores in downtown SP. 

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    I was speaking to a friend who said he has actually recorded a bit of material over the years, but with fairly lame bands, shit production, no distro just selling them himself on CD to a couple of stores in downtown SP. 

I forgot about that. He was hawking those CDs when he played here in Porto Alegre.