EXTREME LATTE PASSES

CrabbyCrabby Kanata 23 Posts
edited November 2015 in Music
post stuff that has been right in front of your eyes for decades and are just now "discovering":

mine:
thin lizzy
kate bush

Comments

• CrabbyCrabby Kanata 23 Posts
    when precisely did soulstrut turn into a ghost town? anybody out there?

• para11axpara11ax No-style-havin' mf'er 398 Posts
    Blackalicious

Willie Dixon

I'm sure there are others.

• Fleetwood Mac. 
    Whilst there is  so much of their stuff I hate there are great tunes I missed whilst having my blinkers on. 

• j-zone
    aioli mayonnaise
    speculoos spread
    tim dog's "penicillin on wax"

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    i was really into child's view by nobukazu takemura when it came out... but i missed all the other child's view stuff in the late 90s until recently.

i didn't really appreciate sufjan stevens or beach house until this year.  i'm just really never checking for new rock stuff.  

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    The Grateful Dead.

Hated the culture in the 90s and never gave them a chance.  Really feelin' them in my older age.
    mateo

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Where to start with The Dead?  I am expecting stoner noodling.  Expecting it, like as a good thing.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Jimster said:
    Where to start with The Dead?  I am expecting stoner noodling.  Expecting it, like as a good thing.
    American Beauty is a country rock masterpiece... The same with Working Man's Dead.  

Check Shakedown Street as an intro to the Mutron envelope filter noodling.

The Bob Weir doc by Netflix.

Sour Diesel.

Mother nature.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    For a good intro to the Dead, I'd say Reckoning, a 2LP acoustic live set that's super accessible. 

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Also, I opened this thread and the Best Albums of 2015 thread each in their own tabs, and somehow collated the two into what seemed like a timewarp. I was like, Did Fleetwood Mac really put out a record this year? 

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Crabby said:

kate bush

Enjoy! Nothing beats a bit of Bush.. 

Personally, all the Kompakt stuff from the nineties/noughties that I disregarded as Trance at the time. It's a varied and overwhelming bunch but the good stuff is very good.

Also, going further back, some cheap vinyl pick ups have encouraged me to finally explore more of Tangerine Dream's catalogue though still overwhelmed by just how much there is out there.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    Amy Winehouse

I never really rated the hits (they sound really derivative) so I just ignored the rest.  But I saw that documentary (Amy) and my jaw hit the floor.