RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited September 2015 in Strut Central
Is my favorite time of year.

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Pecan pie.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Fire pits and Flannel

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Raj,

I'm with you, man. Fall brings out:

-rugby shirts
    -sweaters
    -corduroys
    -dress hats
    -sweatsuits
    -sportscoats
    -cognac, scotch, and brandy
    -football
    -sweet potato pie
    -great, brisk weather
    -beautiful color changes in foliage
    -leather boots and jackets
    -wool ivy leaguers

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Simon and Garfunkel weather.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    I like 'em all.

Not keen on driving to work in the dark and driving home in the dark.

The rest is nice.

• been waiting to pull that fall wardrobe since last december.

maybe it's the act of everything in nature slowly dying around me, but i feel like i get stronger in autumn.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Love Fall and then I like a couple of weeks of winter and then wish I could move away until winter is done.

But fall rocks.

This is my view from my place. Love fall...

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    In the autumn my ex's hair used to change from being a deep fiery ginger into a burnt-metal copper colour that would have strangers in the street complimenting her. T'was the most beautiful hair I've ever laid eyes on, and I'll always see the different shades and textures of her locks in the autumnal leaves and late summer sunsets.

:sigh:

• DOR said:
    Love Fall and then I like a couple of weeks of winter and then wish I could move away until winter is done.

But fall rocks.

dang that's a nice view yo, if I had a view like that I would be pretty happy with Fall, seeing the leaves change up from that perspective would be cool, Fall in Nova Scotia on the coast can be brutal, but on some days it can be just as nice as a hot August day and you can still swim in the Northumberland strait until the end of Oct for the most part.. swimming in the Atlantic now is outta the question though, unless you have a wet suit or some serious balls..

Pumpkin Spice Lattes anyone? lol

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    Yeah, absolutely the best season because of the way nature is showing off and the cool temperature (body-is-a-blast-furnace-r). I love camping in this weather esp.

Kids also go to bed much earlier/more reliably with school in session and teh darkness setting in earlier.

To build on DORs pic, one of Toronto's busiest roadways in the Don Valley Parkway, and it's generally just a nightmare... but it's in such a beautiful green setting that the Fall colours make sitting in traffic a beautiful thing.

vs

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    I prefer summer.

Summer>fall>spring>winter

Still, fall is easily the most beautiful season, but it can get cold and rainy for long stretches. Plus, the days are shorter.

DOR said:

But fall rocks.

Richmond Hill?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    parallax said:
    DOR said:

But fall rocks.

Richmond Hill?

Scarberia. Moved out here from the downtown core a year ago with the plan to move back DT within a year. But the view and closeness to work is making it hard to leave. Sunsets are pretty awesome.

Post up a song to do with Fall...

• We just had such a sweet fall day here: sun sun sun, 23 celsius, no humidity, low temp at night. Diggin' it and it's all snuggle snuggle betwn the sheets. All our kids are summer babies...

ps nice pic Dor!

DOR said:
    parallax said:
    DOR said:

But fall rocks.

Richmond Hill?

Scarberia. Moved out here from the downtown core a year ago with the plan to move back DT within a year. But the view and closeness to work is making it hard to leave. Sunsets are pretty awesome.

Post up a song to do with Fall...

Word. Scarlem was my initial thought.

I don't know how to embed using iphone, sorry, but I offer Tubby Hayes - Down In The Village, which Tubby says was inspired by an autumn in New York:

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    ALL HAIL THE LOW B STRING

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    fall is my shit..i have outdoor dj gigs still and there is sun..nothing better than spinning in a hoodie with people desperately clingin on to sunlight..the most serene period of the year

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    Fall in Miami means slightly less humidity, less torrential downpours, and a few degrees cooler. No change of leaves, no hoodies/ sweaters, no cracking fire place but it does finally get comfortable and if we squeek by with no hurricanes will make summer worth it.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Fall is my favourite season. Problem is, it seems to shrink in length these days. The seasons are not evenly balanced.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I love the return of cooler weather and getting my kids back to a sensible sleep schedule (and my birthday is the end of Sept), but Fall still bums me out a bit. The sun setting before I get home from work is a sign that cold shitty weather isn't far away. That said, this is one of my favorite songs:

• Big_Stacks said:
    Hey Raj,

I'm with you, man. Fall brings out:

-rugby shirts
    -sweaters
    -corduroys
    -dress hats
    -sweatsuits
    -sportscoats
    -cognac, scotch, and brandy
    -football
    -sweet potato pie
    -great, brisk weather
    -beautiful color changes in foliage
    -leather boots and jackets
    -wool ivy leaguers

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Oh hell yes Stacks.. I'm with you on all of those.. As far as jackets go I love rockin a bomb-ass denim one.. goes great with everything