D U N G E N

dirtydirty 93 Posts
edited November 2010 in Strut Central
I'm taking a latte passe on these dudes but it seem like Dungen is all I'm listening to these days. Swedish psych fusion rawk!!!!

Comments

• dirtydirty 93 Posts
    gravelheadwrap said:

Tame Impala too man. Love them. I listened to an interview with dungen on east village radio last month and the singer stated that he is currently listening to a lot of tame impala.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    dirty said:
    I'm taking a latte passe on these dudes but it seem like Dungen is all I'm listening to these days. Swedish psych fusion rawk!!!!

Saw Dungen live a few days ago and they were unbelievable - one of the best live bands I've seen in a very long time.

• If you like Dungen be sure to also check!

Life on earth (the bass player of Dungen Mattias own band)

The Amazing http://www.discogs.com/artist/Amazing,+The+(2)
    (almost the same members)

If you need any Dungen or other albums by sweds, just holla!

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    New Dungen is streaming at the NPR site.

First impressions; not as immediate as the last one, which may well be my favourite record of theirs. That's not at all a cause for concern, though, as their stuff always holds up to repeat listens. They seem to be continuing in that not-so-full-on direction they explored on the last record; as the NPR review states, there's less emphasis on scalding psych guitar leads, and although their sound still has those folky, rural touches, they've switched up the instrumentation a little, giving a slightly subtler vibe in the mellower passsages.