Moses Malone RIP

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited September 2015 in Strut Central
Fo Fo Fo

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Damn.... first DD now Moses?

RIP!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Oh no, that is awful news! He took my Sixers to the promise land (finally) in '83. Mr. Malone was one of the best big men to ever take the court. He was a trailblazer for early entry into the league. Without him, there would not have been any Chocolate Thunder, KG, Kobe, Amare, LeBron, etc. out of high school. Rest in peace, Big Moses!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    RAJ said:
    Damn.... first DD now Moses?

RIP!

That was Dr. J playing Julius Erving - Moses Guthrie.....

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    RIP.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I was able to see Malone play against the Warriors when he was with Houston when I was a little kid. Of course I remember him from the 76ers title run the most. The man was a beast.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    RIP to one of the GOAT

• One of the weirdest great players because he didn't do anything really well outside of dominating under the hoop on offense. But if you have to pick a specialty, that's a good one. RIP.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    LazarusOblong said:
    One of the weirdest great players because he didn't do anything really well outside of dominating under the hoop on offense. But if you have to pick a specialty, that's a good one. RIP.

Uhh...are his Rebound numbers an illusion?
    He was getting over 13 per during a time when Centers played down low.

3 MVPs and 1 Finals for just offense?

Dude was matched up against Artis Gilmore, Jack Sikma, Kareem, Elvis Hayes, Robert Parish(in Golden State), Wes Unseld, and George McGuinness when he went for 17.6 in '79. Dude has 400 more rebound than #2 Gilmore. Cat was amongst the trees all the time.
    And he wasnt doing that tip to yourself shit that Rodman was doing years later, to get 2 or 3 rebound checks to boost his stats(intentionally or unintentionally).

And he wasnt even that much bigger than many cats.

• Most of his rebounds came under the hoop.

As most rebounds do.

It's true that many of his rebounds came on the defensive end.

The enduring image I have of Moses, though, is his work on the offensive boards. They were his.