edited July 2016 in Strut Central
Goodfellas meets Steely Dan?

Thoughts?

Comments

• Why the hell is it called Vinyl?
    And when does it start?
    I'm aboard.

• kicks79kicks79 1,333 Posts
    Probably to capitalise on the buzz feed hype with the word Vinyl.
    Looks interesting. HBO has nothing much on since True Detective finished so I'd probably watch.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    kicks79 said:
    HBO has nothing much on since True Detective finished so I'd probably watch.

Is that true? I haven't decided on Show Me a Hero yet. Last Week Tonight With John Oliver has been great and I still enjoy Bill Maher.

Also, Ballers has been pretty decent. Anyone watching The Brink? Thoughts?

I'll check out VINYL, but tis a silly name for this show...

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    A coked-out Ray Romano in Scorcese / Winter mini-series featuring the New York Dolls?
    Yep.

DOR said:
    kicks79 said:
    HBO has nothing much on since True Detective finished so I'd probably watch.

Is that true? I haven't decided on Show Me a Hero yet. Last Week Tonight With John Oliver has been great and I still enjoy Bill Maher.

Also, Ballers has been pretty decent. Anyone watching The Brink? Thoughts?

I'll check out VINYL, but tis a silly name for this show...

I'll take another look at Show Me A Hero.

Ballers just felt like Entourage part two.

• Anybody like Leftovers?

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Just found out my ex will be on this series. She had a cameo on last night's episode of Show Me A Hero too. Was not expecting that at all. What an awesome surprise.

• Reynaldo82Reynaldo82 NorCal 73 Posts
    Canceled

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Canceled

Rightfully so... Just seemed like the main character was going on coke benders and insanely yelling at people the whole time.  I lost interest after a few episodes.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Watched the entire season. It had potential. Especially the shopping the disco 12" subplot. 

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Yeah, I kinda liked it. I can see why people wouldn't & there was plenty about it that fell flat, but both the cast & period of musical history had potential. 

DId Dj Kool Herc ever get paid by them tho? 

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Okem said:
    Yeah, I kinda liked it. I can see why people wouldn't & there was plenty about it that fell flat, but both the cast & period of musical history had potential. 

DId Dj Kool Herc ever get paid by them tho? 
    From what I heard from "industry sources", he sued....

It was a hot mess, but i did really want to like it.
    It had plenty of potential just felt that the Richie story line was going no where fast.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I think Jagger & Scorsese had this idea that NYC was this explosion of new music, but they chose to view it through a Rockist lens.
    I really dug the old R&B/Soul/Rock-n-Roll/Blues re-inactments praising the roots. 
    But then u add Punk and Proto-Hip Hop and its all stretching shit, when those new genre's were fucking that old shit up.
    Costumes were on point.
    The cutting room floor footage from Taxi Driver was a nice touch. 
    But they were trying to do too many things at once. Family, Business, Music, Industry, Drug Culture, and Artists shit.

• EIGHTYEIGHTY 224 Posts
    I thought the murder story line was a bit much to throw in among all the chaos that Ritchie had going on. The show had potential for sure but I tuned out half way through the series.

Any thoughts on Showtimes Roadies?