Summertime Finds

fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
edited July 2015 in Strut Central

Comments

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    Nothing says summertime like that Ricardo Marrero LP... nice pull. I've found some nice reggae lately, I'll post when I've got a minute/

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    Great pulls Crab!

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    Mailbox finds

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    just traded in for a mono copy of this masterpiece

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

The cover has seen better days but it's a mono copy

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    It's been a minute since I been here but I see u still steadily pulling that heat Crabmongerfunk

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    From last Sunday in Pasadena

• ppadilhappadilha 2,235 Posts
    haven't done much digging the past month or so, but pulled some 7" and a handful of LPs

that Diana is one I've been wanting for a while now, dope LP produced by Verocai with a killer band that includes João Donato, Liminha, Dominguinhos and even Jackson do Pandeiro on percussion. I think it gets overlooked because the rest of her catalog is mostly cheesy romantic music, with a few other exceptions.

couple highlights in the pile of 7" I pulled:

Jane & Herondy - Em terra de cego

Toni Bizarro - Suplica cearense

Os Tincoãs - Ajagunã

• cool air force band LPs in a large collection of military recruitment LPs

unexpected mono Zombies NM for $6 thx HPB

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Nice HC. Lonnie Smith and Johnny Pate are great listens.

• Yesterday was a good day...
    Attached files

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    SoulSupreme said:
    Yesterday was a good day...

Yep, it was. Great record!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    Totally agree about that Diana LP ppdilha...underated.

Summertime, and the living is easy. Lot's of reggae on the decks... Can't recommend the Tubby enough. Same with the Im Brooks. Slept on the Etta James for way too long, funky.

The Latin Jazz Ens has very little info on it on the intrawebs. (at least this meant I copped it for 10$!) Any info appreciated, great record.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,083 Posts
    I found these at the Pasadena Swap Meet when Guzzo wasn't looking. A couple of German pressings here: Detroit Emeralds and the Ramsey Lewis. I am enjoying the Batti Mamzelle, especially "Voodoo Man". Nice to have a clean cutout copy of the Mad Lads.

• Warped!

Glimmer of hope... sent to dude who has a flattener.
    Not too optimistic tho as I hear they don't work too well on those bumpy edge warps.
    :(

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts