Does 'Amen Brother' exist in NM condition?

DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
edited August 2015 in Strut Central
Serious question.
I must've found this 45 dozens of times in the past, as well as seeing copies online and the best I've ever come across (which is also the one I currently own) is a VG+
Surely for a record as kinda-common as this, there must be NM copies out there somewhere?

What else never gets found in NM condition? (reggae 45s, this does not include you)

Comments

• Not sure what precisely constitutes NM, but my copy is pretty pristine.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Breakaway Records in Austin seems to always have a copy or 2 of Amen Brother in stock, in great condition at around $8.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    johnblack said:
    Not sure what precisely constitutes NM, but my copy is pretty pristine.

BTW, I've been interested by the stuff on yer soundcloud (as RQ_) - but it sounds like you've had a longer career in dnb... have you ever used the Amen?

• for some really odd reason a have a mint copy of the 45 in my work desk right now. you need?

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    for some really odd reason a have a mint copy of the 45 in my work desk right now. you need?
    Thanks, but no... like I said, I've only ever found this record in - at best - VG+. Never found an unplayed, shiny NMer

• ketan said:
    BTW, I've been interested by the stuff on yer soundcloud (as RQ_) - but it sounds like you've had a longer career in dnb... have you ever used the Amen?
    Recently yes Ketan!

and of course during the infamous 'Jungle Wars', but I had to get it off my soundcloud to make room for some new stuff.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    ^^ Oh, I like what you did with that!

• thanks!
    some old school 'Good Looking' vibes. It was super fun to make.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Breakaway Records in Austin seems to always have a copy or 2 of Amen Brother in stock, in great condition at around $8.

Considering that it was the B-side of a massive hit record ("Color Him Father"), it should be selling for far less than $8.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    johnblack said:
    ketan said:
    Recently yes Ketan!

and of course during the infamous 'Jungle Wars', but I had to get it off my soundcloud to make room for some new stuff.

That's really good. It's hard to beat the rammin' amens.

• pickwick33 said:
    HarveyCanal said:

Considering that it was the B-side of a massive hit record ("Color Him Father"), it should be selling for far less than $8.

isn't it crazy how sometimes a common record sells for higher prices than it should because people really want it for some odd reason??

https://gripsweat.com/search/?query=amen+brother&button;=

• billbradley said:
    It's hard to beat the rammin' amens.
    Thanks Bill and yes, hard to beat!