Another Remix/Edit Strut please share your favourites

the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
edited August 2015 in Strut Central
After many years of carrying 3-4 bags of records to gigs, stressing about getting car parks within lugging distance of gigs, trashing records etc I finally gave in earlier this year and went totally digital for gigs. What I have noticed is I tend to play a lot more edits and remixes than ever before (captain obvious). I do my daily dig around for new edits and remixes to check out but as the amount of product being released is so vast I am sure I am missing out. All I ask is if you share something please make sure it is either available to purchase or download
Here are some of mine, if you arent a member of soundcloud or hearthis (where downloads are available) let me know and I will sort out an alternative download link

Comments

• made this from the PYT stems. Happy with how it came out

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    meistromoco said:

That was some incredible afro edits!!!! Thanks so much for sharing!

MattTracker said:
    made this from the PYT stems. Happy with how it came out

PYT is my all time MJ joint, liking what you have done, definitely taking a different approach!

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts

J i m s t e r said:

I ride for that entire release, that kid got skills!!

• the_dL said:
    MattTracker said:
    made this from the PYT stems. Happy with how it came out

PYT is my all time MJ joint, liking what you have done, definitely taking a different approach!

Thanks- made another track around the same time with the Rock W You multitracks. Creative juice def kicks in when limited to just the stem sounds

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Liking both of these!

I am old enough to remember PYT first time round, it's an odd one for me because the bassline is synth and then IIRC, theres's a break for some real Louis Johnson slap, then back to the synth. The synth bit I felt was never resolved properly, it starts funkay but the boomerang never comes fully back, nahmean? I often wonder if LJ tracked the whole song but they only used that break of his and I gets to thinking what we missed.

There's a really funky line buried in those chord changes somewhere and I am determined to dig it out. I've got me new Sire Marcus Miller five-string and, to mix metaphors, I believe this may be the axe to pick the gold out. You know a Jamerson or a Bernard Edwards would have slain this in one take. So like, gimme five years, I'll have it.

I'm sure by now everyone is onto this (wav download link is available), I play it at every gig I play

• good one. Speaking of mj edits I've always liked this:

• This is smooth, cool to hear Guru over that type of production.

Here's a Beyoncé one: