Please to list teh top 10 definitively good library jernts

2»

Comments

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    RAJ said:
    Library records are better when you take the best track and put it on a compilation

Indeed. Makes them hard to justify holding on to generally because we are way to old and deep in this follishness to hold on to one-trackers.

A few that are pretty much good all the way through:

That the one repopped on Dis-Joint? If so, I coppethed, and have listened to that a bunch of times lately on teh boy's turntable pre-bedtime. Definite keeper for me.

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    I've owned quite a few over the years and sold most of them. These are some I've hung onto. The Coverless (anyone?) KPM is the Brazillian Suite. Sorry about laying bare my Feelings Skel....

Love to find the Big Beat LP's sometime. Think Vol 2 is the heavy one...

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    Nice pieces Loop. I know or have them, but know nothing about that Futurible joint. What's it like?

That's a wierd Italo Library joint that's pretty much what you'd expect from the cover: minimoog, polymoog, Arp Odyssey, Roland Sequencer, Fender Rhodes, all done by Gianni Safred. Exceeded expectactions by a mile when I got it.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    LoopDreams said:
    That's a wierd Italo Library joint that's pretty much what you'd expect from the cover: minimoog, polymoog, Arp Odyssey, Roland Sequencer, Fender Rhodes, all done by Gianni Safred. Exceeded expectactions by a mile when I got it.

'Jazz Computer' from this record has been comped/sampled a bit.

Came out of Folkways too, oddly enough:

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    Thanks Loop and Horsey. Will check out!

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    LoopDreams said:
    I've owned quite a few over the years and sold most of them. These are some I've hung onto. The Coverless (anyone?) KPM is the Brazillian Suite. Sorry about laying bare my Feelings Skel....

Fully redeemed by Jacky's Timing No.1, a great great record.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    LoopDreams said:

Strictly speaking, that Nick Ayoub isn't a library LP. Like all CBC/RCI records, it was a recording commissioned they commissions; to my knowledge it was never licensed to any other party. Amazing record though--a personal favourite. Not too expensive these days, either.

• leonleon 883 Posts
    Danno3000 said:
    LoopDreams said:

Strictly speaking, that Nick Ayoub isn't a library LP. Like all CBC/RCI records, it was a recording commissioned they commissions; to my knowledge it was never licensed to any other party. Amazing record though--a personal favourite. Not too expensive these days, either.
    Funky tramway also isn't a library, stricktly nitpicking. All good stuff nevertheless. Need that timing #1

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Holler!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Theodore_Rucks said:

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts

• mickalphabetmickalphabet deep inna majestic segue 374 Posts
    After a long period where i seemed to be lacking a certain motivation in life, which i put down to listening to too much roots reggae and loner folk music, I found my daily productivity levels rose sharply after I put about 12 hours of 80s business funk library jamms on my walkman. What a life changer.

This Bernard Fevre is great http://www.discogs.com/Bernard-Fevre-The-Strange-World-Of-Bernard-Fevre/release/7076198

and these mixes...
    http://datassette.net/businessfunk/

leon said:
    Funky tramway also isn't a library, stricktly nitpicking. All good stuff nevertheless. Need that timing #1

Ahhrg, me maties... the thread title was list 10 good library lp's... ; )

I guess this would be the kosher library version of Funky Tramway:

but I couldn't tell you how the rest of the LP is...