These my boys right here

2»

Comments

• oh lord - where to start?

I know where to end - 1975's "Jive Talkin'." That was their last good moment, otherwise I'm sticking with everything before then. No disco for me!

lol - i don't want to be too precious about it and i'm not a disco fan, but they kinda transcend the genre, no? as mentioned above, their harmonies are incredible...sets them apart in fact...no?

Not really. Those were still bad disco-pop records no matter who was doing them, and I'll listen to KC (for real, not joking!) if I want Caucasian disco. "To Love Somebody" is FAR superior to "Night Fever," IMO...

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    Yes, the Bee Gees are . I celebrate the entire catalog...Children of the World is an underrated blue-eyed soul masterpiece LP IMO.

Anyone heard their unreleased post-psyche/pre-disco album A Kick In The Head Is Worth Eight In The Pants? Got some nice tunes in the Trafalgar/To Whom It May Concern steez.

SG

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    B0Mp

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I am impressed by the soulstruts embrace of so many ______________ top 40 groups from the 60s and 70s.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Massive childhood nostalgia vibes might tint my specs, but responsible for some fantastic tunes. The kind of shit not knocked out on the demo version of Fruity Loops.

Is anyone doing harmonies in mainstream anymore?

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Playing 'Too Much Heaven' on guitar, with heavilyoverdriven crunch distortion, stadium reverb and chorus maxed out is one of life's lesser known but greatest pleasures.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

I ride My joints are:

-"Night Fever"
    -"How Deep is Your Love"
    -"To Love Somebody"
    -"Odessa "

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    skel said:
    Playing 'Too Much Heaven' on guitar, with heavilyoverdriven crunch distortion, stadium reverb and chorus maxed out is one of life's lesser known but greatest pleasures.

Dudes who dismiss the Bee Gees out of disco hatt can be converted. They just need to hear the songs in a different context. And that context is heavy metal.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    And that context is heavy metal.

THIS.

Recommended chords for TMH, with all distortion set to 11:

Amaj7
    Nobody gets too much
    C#m7
    Heaven no more, it's much
    DMaj7
    Harder to come by, I'm
    AMaj7