RED HOT CHUD BLAST NEWS

DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
edited July 2015 in Strut Central
There's always so much less than meets the eye to things like this, isn't there? For every insane score like rubbishvisual's conveniently-bumped library haul, there are a few dozen (hundreds? Speak on it, [em]profis[/em]) instances of someone stumbling on this and thinking they've found the motherlode.

Best-case scenario: some genuinely rare/sought-after UK street soul/house/jungle gems amongst a sea of the sort of dated-sounding mediocrity - in quantity- you're most likely to find in the collection of DJ Landfill.

Worst case scenario: 48 full 500-copy print runs of every long-forgotten Brit-house terd you ever flicked past in the MVE basement.

Comments

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    It's gonna take dude about a year to even skim that shit, fitting it in with his life and whatnot

B/w

Scouse House, jungle of the 4th stripe, bedroom DnB vanity pressings 100-run from IT dudes who dabble and have spare cash, no girlfriend

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    There's always so much less than meets the eye to things like this, isn't there? For every insane score like rubbishvisual's conveniently-bumped library haul, there are a few dozen (hundreds? Speak on it, [em]profis[/em]) instances of someone stumbling on this and thinking they've found the motherlode.

After 20+ years doing this, I long ago grew wary of collections of this size, which are very seldom of consistently high quality. In fact, they are almost never worth buying in their entirety.

I know nothing about this particular haul, but the idea of 24,000 12"s mostly gives me the willies.

* Yes, I know it [em]could[/em] be a major score, but I'm not losing any sleep 'til I hear otherwise.