Summer Jam 2015 what say you

YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
edited July 2015 in Strut Central
The dog days of summer have arrived (at least down here in Florida) What's the general consensus on Summer Jam 2015? Your personal fav? Do you old heads like to Cha Cha? I'd say Jamie XX "Good Times" is in the running. What chu think?

Comments

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    I made a rare appearance in da club the other night (up in Toronto) and Flex had a huge response.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Any number of tracks off this. Been That is probably the anthem.

Another good summer with Starlito, Jeezy, Nipsey Hussle, Czarface, Vince Staples and Boosie Badazz to fill the days and nights

bassie said:

Another good summer with Starlito, Jeezy, Nipsey Hussle, Czarface, Vince Staples and Boosie Badazz to fill the days and nights

I don't even know who Czarface is - pls report immediately to the currently felt rap thraed that you yourself created. You have been delinquent, dude!

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    YNOT said:
    I'd say Jamie XX "Good Times" is in the running.

for me, it's also a toss up between these 2:

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    ketan said:
    bassie said:

I don't even know who Czarface is - pls report immediately to the currently felt rap thraed that you yourself created. You have been delinquent, dude!

Yea, not really on the board anymore. Just looking in now and then.
    Czarface is Insepctah Deck and...wait for it...7L and Esoteric, who I don't think I had ever heard a note from before now. I am a big Deck fan.
    The first Czarface (s/t) is flat, this newest one (every hero needs a villain) is on repeat.

bassie said:

Czarface is Insepctah Deck and...wait for it...7L and Esoteric, who I don't think I had ever heard a note from before now. I am a big Deck fan.
    The first Czarface (s/t) is flat, this newest one (every hero needs a villain) is on repeat.

I'll czech czarface.

I was never a fan of 7L&E, but for the sake of completism, this was the collabo from BITD

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Vis a vis Glastonbury, and yes half a decade behind the times, but Caribou with 'Odessa' is by far the mind garden summer jam.
    So good.
    Four dudes from Accounts get funky with recorders and that. WNTL

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    I was at Old Navy looking to buy my toddler some cheap ass summery joints not 2 hours ago, and "Southern Freeez" came on.

Now THAT is a summer jam. 34 years late and all that, but I don't give a shit. It's still a wicked summer jam that gets played a handful of times every summer for the last decade and a half. #oldmansteeez

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    YES

Throw in some Rainforest-era Hardcastle, dash of LOTW and some vintage Hi-Tension and we have that Britfunk BBQ down pat.
    Plenty Stella, mind.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    skel said:
    YES

Throw in some Rainforest-era Hardcastle, dash of LOTW and some vintage Hi-Tension and we have that Britfunk BBQ down pat.
    Plenty Stella, mind.

i would gladly attend this function.

• mickalphabetmickalphabet deep inna majestic segue 374 Posts
    cosign on that caribou jam, its a bare book me for you festival/mobile phone advert feel good summer every trick in da book jam

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    willie_fugal said:
    skel said:
    YES

Plenty Stella, mind.

i would gladly attend this function.

+1

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Granted, I've been letting my 10 year old girl pick the music in my truck a bit too much lately, but I'm gonna say it's this...

Also, I'm seeing that the original mix of this song is 2 years old, so I'm not sure if the remix qualifies as a 2015 song. It's suddenly all over the radio here in Austin this summer though.