Record Store Apps?

LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
edited July 2015 in Strut Central
Which are the best apps for finding record stores when traveling?

What do we want in a record store app?

Do any of them innovate to create synergy on the platform so that users can actualize leverage connectivity?
I am looking for one that builds localization into an intuitive experience with a minimum of native advertising.

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Thanks BB.
    I was serious, despite the buzz words.

That web site is ugly. I tried down loading the app, but once again I don't know my apple store id. I suck at apple ids, seems they change with out my knowledge.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    The site is ugly but the app works ok for finding stores in an area.

• uttersutters 321 Posts
    Would love a fully realised app with this concept, often have thought of this idea

Downloaded the one above but it's basically US only. Showed up 3 record shops in the whole of the UK

Imagine one that had all of the secret spots anywhere in the world... one can dream

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    not sure if these people have an app
    http://www.vinylhub.com/

the site turned up when I was searching for some record stores in my area. It's the first site I've seen that has anything in Brazil outside São Paulo, I think that says a lot.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Vinylhub is great.
    Same people as discogs.

I don't think there is an app for either.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    Vinylhub is great.
    Same people as discogs.

I don't think there is an app for either.

they seem to have the most thorough list of stores, not that I've searched much.

I could use an app from both though. Or at least a better mobile interface. And a phone and phone plan that don't suck.