Trump

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
edited July 2015 in Strut Central
Several business partnerships have ended including Macy's.

What's up people.

Comments

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    It took like 30 years for people to finally get sick of him. He's always been a POS but everyone acted like it was great as the head of a company making money. But as a more public figure you can't talk like that. What an idiot. Beat by his own ego. The doc about him building the golf course in Scotland (??) showed how he really operates. Not like it was a secret really.

• He's a wingnut without a filter. Billionaire trash.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    volumen said:
    It took like 30 years for people to finally get sick of him. He's always been a POS but everyone acted like it was great as the head of a company making money. But as a more public figure you can't talk like that. What an idiot. Beat by his own ego. The doc about him building the golf course in Scotland the Central Park Five showed how he really operates. Not like it was a secret really.

Even worse was how he never apologized or how he shit talked the settlement.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    self-funded campaign = cannot be bought like hildawg

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    PatrickCrazy said:

So. He's independently moronic.

It's astonishing how folks can be so in thrall of rich dudes just because they're rich.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    skel said:

It's astonishing how folks can be so in thrall of rich dudes just because they're rich.

That's pretty much an unofficial motto of 'Murrica.

I find it hilarious that we're supposed to admire his "business acumen" when dude declares bankruptcy like it's a bodily function.

• PatrickCrazy said:

Trump is the kind of fungus Brian has been trained since birth to admire and service. If asked, Brian would happily scrape the skin tags off Trump's balls with his teeth.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

The 'old, angry White guy' mantra in Republican politics is played out like 8-ball jackets (ask John McCain). One day, Republican strategists might make this discovery and join the 21st century political landscape. "That is so Reaganomics, fa shure!!!!"

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    We all hate Republicans, but didn't Obama just team up with them, in spite of Democrat labor union interests, to pass the Trans-Pacific Partnership?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Good point about the Old Angry White Guy in Republican politics.
    So of the 16 or so people running who are not OAWGs?

Ben Carson gets a pass on white and Carly Farina gets a pass on guy.

I would say the 2 most likely to win, Walker and Rubio, are not running as OAWGs.

BTW: This list of 30+ potential R candidates is mind boggling. I never heard of many.
    http://2016.republican-candidates.org/

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    We all hate Republicans, but didn't Obama just team up with them, in spite of Democrat labor union interests, to pass the Trans-Pacific Partnership?

Hey Harvey,

I can't endorse your statement as I'm a non-partisan politically. I was just remarking how the mantra I discussed has been a Republican political staple for generations, yet seems to be crumbling as of late. I am more of a moderate and I fully support the government working collectively to improve life circumstances for all of its citizens. I can't stand partisan politics, actually. It's silly, as I will never fully endorse all of the positions anyone holds just because we have the same affiliation. That would be like saying I agree with everything my wife says and does because we are married.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

HarveyCanal said:

We hate Obama's support for the TPTA, government spying on citizens, privatization of education, and on and on.

Big_Stacks said:
    HarveyCanal said:

Hey Harvey,

I can't endorse your statement as I'm a non-partisan politically. I was just remarking how the mantra I discussed had been a political staple for generations, yet seems to be crumbling as of late. I am more of a moderate and I fully support the government working collectively to improve life circumstances for all of its citizens. I can't stand partisan politics, actually. It's silly, as I will never fully endorse all of the positions anyone holds just because we have the same affiliation. That would be like saying I agree with everything my wife says and does because we are married.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Well, that's a smart way to look at it. My problem comes from one side being demonized to the point that the other side gets lionized when from my view, both sides suck tremendously in their own ways. Put them both together and the synthesis is double suck. In other words, I'm waiting for a tidal wave to wash away the old altogether in order to make way for something new. And yes, I realize I may wind up waiting my entire lifetime.

HarveyCanal said:
    Big_Stacks said:
    HarveyCanal said:

Hey Harvey,

I can't endorse your statement as I'm a non-partisan politically. I was just remarking how the mantra I discussed had been a political staple for generations, yet seems to be crumbling as of late. I am more of a moderate and I fully support the government working collectively to improve life circumstances for all of its citizens. I can't stand partisan politics, actually. It's silly, as I will never fully endorse all of the positions anyone holds just because we have the same affiliation. That would be like saying I agree with everything my wife says and does because we are married.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Well, that's a smart way to look at it. My problem comes from one side being demonized to the point that the other side gets lionized when from my view, both sides suck tremendously in their own ways. Put them both together and the synthesis is double suck. In other words, I'm waiting for a tidal wave to wash away the old altogether in order to make way for something new. And yes, I realize I may wind up waiting my entire lifetime.

Good points HC.
    Change rarely comes in tidal waves.
    It comes incrementally.
    And it sometimes comes from different sides working together.
    But mostly it is 2 steps forward, 1 step back, and the corporations always win.

• LaserWolf said:
    Good point about the Old Angry White Guy in Republican politics.
    So of the 16 or so people running who are not OAWGs?

Ben Carson gets a pass on white and Carly Farina gets a pass on guy.

I would say the 2 most likely to win, Walker and Rubio, are not running as OAWGs.

BTW: This list of 30+ potential R candidates is mind boggling. I never heard of many.
    http://2016.republican-candidates.org/

Thinking Rubio has a shot disqualifies you from the pundit sweepstakes.

Ricky Rubio is just a little less likely to be the nominee than hapless Marco is.

Some people discount Marco Rubio's chances.
    These are the same people who thought his political career was over when it came to light that he had been lying about his family's history.
    These are the same people who thought that "hapless" Ronald Regan, George Bush (insert any middle name you like) were unelectable.
    The same people who thought that Mitt Romney and John McCain would never win the party's nomination.

Discounting the unpredictability of the American voter disqualifies you from the pundit sweepstakes.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    LaserWolf said:

The same people who thought that Mitt Romney would never win the party's nomination

Hold up for a second here. Who thought Romney wasn't going to get the nomination in 2012? Pretty much everybody was able to call the obvious: That every crazy person would have their brief moment, then flame out, and Romney would be the last one standing.

Some thought the mere fact he was Mormon disqualified him.

But you are right, he was the Establishment candidate right from the start.
    Just like Jeb Bush is today.

Clinton "versus" Bush again. Hooray!

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    PatrickCrazy said:

Instead of electing somebody who can be bought by special interests, we'll just elect the special interests.

That's progress.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:

This thread was about trump. Harvey's 1 step to make anything about what his pissed about in that moment. Yes all politicians are bad. We all agree.

• LaserWolf said:
    Some people discount Marco Rubio's chances.
    These are the same people who thought his political career was over when it came to light that he had been lying about his family's history.
    These are the same people who thought that "hapless" Ronald Regan, George Bush (insert any middle name you like) were unelectable.
    The same people who thought that Mitt Romney and John McCain would never win the party's nomination.

Discounting the unpredictability of the American voter disqualifies you from the pundit sweepstakes.

Uh, no, I'm not those people, you artless little pinhead.

• DJ_Enki said:
    LaserWolf said:

The same people who thought that Mitt Romney would never win the party's nomination

Hold up for a second here. Who thought Romney wasn't going to get the nomination in 2012? Pretty much everybody was able to call the obvious: That every crazy person would have their brief moment, then flame out, and Romney would be the last one standing.

Romney was basically a given in 2012, despite a few stragglers who thought Rick Perry... Crap, I can't even complete that sentence without waves of pity engulfing me.