Music You've Been Feeling Lately

Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
edited June 2015 in Strut Central
Hey,

The missus and I just returned from a trip to Konstanz, Germany. Of course, while abroad, I picked up some records from the all-night flea market held weekend before last. Here are a few highlights and songs I'm feeling from the haul:

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Comments

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    This song is on repeat right now big time...

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,097 Posts
    that rass kass album from last year is really tight

gila monsta

still listening to the new sufjan

this, slowed down a bit

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts

Whole gig is fiyar

• mickalphabetmickalphabet deep inna majestic segue 374 Posts
    just picked up this ace dyke & the blazers compilation the other day, this is on repeat..

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Austin, Texas, baby...

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Here's some songs I've been digging lately

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I should mention that's David Sanborn and Luther Vandross in that David Bowie video

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    Been finding myself listening to a bit of 'Your Old Droog' good shit:

Also, been stuck listening to this old Tony Touch mixtape that I hadn't heard in almost 20 years:

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/idrtzng6aoccpsu/01+TONY+TOUCH+-+HIP+HOP+V53+(+FUNKIN.mp3

Big_Stacks said:

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    JectWon said:
    Big_Stacks said:

Yeah, I feel you man. I love that sound!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Big_Stacks said:

Ahem... Love Unlimited Orchestra vibes for this one:

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts

She is as.
    Mad.
    As.
    Cheese, but I swear the effing song had me ALMOST welling up - Harmonies are slaying it. It's about her mum complaining about their fingerprints, when they were kids. Her folks died when she was young.

Got me thinking about my folks who are getting on and who we don't see enough. Love 'em before you lose them.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Not exactly strut centric but I've been swooning over Ichiko Aoba lately. I hate trying to put music appreciation into words but she really does seem to have something special.

she also covers the occasional Japanese hip hop classic.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Also co-sign Hiatus Kaiyote. crazy talented group

I've enjoyed this group's sound for a while now.  Just came across this live performance and thought I'd share...I do, indeed, feel it:

Jimster said:

She is as.
    Mad.
    As.
    Cheese, but I swear the effing song had me ALMOST welling up - Harmonies are slaying it. It's about her mum complaining about their fingerprints, when they were kids. Her folks died when she was young.

Got me thinking about my folks who are getting on and who we don't see enough. Love 'em before you lose them.

Dang, man....don't know how I missed this one.  It's fantastic.  

• Bastien Keb's Dinking In The Shadows of Zizou has been one of the highlights this year in the soulful realm of things. Slightly off-kilter, psychedelic, some jazz, some ambient type instrumental stuff, all played live. Recommended download via Bandcamp.
    Peep: 

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

Hey,

Let me add these:

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak