13»

Comments

• Clap yo hands...

Stomp yo feet.

"Clyde...."

HUUH..................... HUH HUH............. HUH HUH...........[/b]

Bootsy!

• videos of Future Shock

I constantly harass the bootleg DVD guys at record shows for this. I get these, "oh, Fat Tommy used to have a real shitty VHS dub of it he sold, but blah blah blah blah blah..." Still looking. Have the theme on a People 45, though. Even the theme is a mess!

I want the Boston concert that was broadcast live from the Garden on PBS the weekend of Dr. King's slaying. I know they have it, because you always see footage in documentaries. So just give us the whole concert on DVD, please!

These guys have it...

http://www.thevideobeat.com/

• videos of Future Shock

I constantly harass the bootleg DVD guys at record shows for this. I get these, "oh, Fat Tommy used to have a real shitty VHS dub of it he sold, but blah blah blah blah blah..." Still looking. Have the theme on a People 45, though. Even the theme is a mess!

Oh, hell yes! All it is is just one repeated line: "let's go to a discotheque and dance our asses off," yet everytime the word "ass" is sung, James CENSORS it by whispering "DISCO" right over it!

• I break up everytime I hear him say "went out on a Greyhound, and came back on a stray dog..." and then starts laughing like "aaaAAAAHH HA!" "aaaAAAHHHH HA!"

Yeah, from the "Escape-Ism/Make It Funky" medley on Revolution Of The Mind, which is by far my fave song on that album. Just like on the studio version of "Escape-Ism," it's essentially JB asking the band where they're from, except that this live version is 10X funnier. Especially when he starts free associating about the Klu Klux Klan. James: "Don't be comin' out of any sheets on us, brother...mattresses, pillowcases, anything, but the sheets gotta go! Make me think about Alabama and Uncle Tom and alla them..." The live NYC audience at the Apollo remains silent, as if the reference went well over their heads.

• Does anyone have the James Brown performance on Letterman in the early-1980s? I desperately need a dub of this. PM me if possible.

• I break up everytime I hear him say "went out on a Greyhound, and came back on a stray dog..." and then starts laughing like "aaaAAAAHH HA!" "aaaAAAHHHH HA!"

Yeah, from the "Escape-Ism/Make It Funky" medley on Revolution Of The Mind, which is by far my fave song on that album.

I have an old Kid Capri tape where he plays the Escap-ism/Make it funky live version and jams along with James, trading ughs and stuff. Classic.

And no one told Kid to shut up?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts