Geto Boys Are Reuniting and Releasing a New Album

billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
edited June 2015 in Strut Central

Comments

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Rude Jude did an hour of geto boys and intviewed scarface today.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    this is good news

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    As far as classic Houston rap goes, I'd prefer a Guerilla Maab (Z-Ro, Trae & Dougie D) reunion. And/or a new album from the Odd Squad (Devin, Jugg Mugg & Rob Quest).

• HarveyCanal said:
    As far as classic Houston rap goes, I'd prefer a Guerilla Maab (Z-Ro, Trae & Dougie D) reunion. And/or a new album from the Odd Squad (Devin, Jugg Mugg & Rob Quest).

Ha....you've got to be kidding...Do It Like a G.O.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    It's pretty cool these guys are still alive. I thought for sure Bushwick Bill would be dead by now.

I remember reading a review of Grip It! in Rolling Stone in the early 90s saying they made Two Live look like choir boys. I immediately went out to Sam Goody and bought it. It quickly became one of those junior high quotable CDs... especially "Gangsta of Love".

• RAJ said:
    It's pretty cool these guys are still alive. I thought for sure Bushwick Bill would be dead by now.

I remember reading a review of Grip It! in Rolling Stone in the early 90s saying they made Two Live look like choir boys. I immediately went out to Sam Goody and bought it. It quickly became one of those junior high quotable CDs... especially "Gangsta of Love".

Yes!!! Grip it! was classic!!! I liked that original version of Gangsta of Love. They changed the Steve Miller sample when they rereleased it.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    U really wanna hear Bushwick Bill in 2015?

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    batmon said:
    U really wanna hear Bushwick Bill in 2015?

Not particularly but as a part of the group I can deal.

countmacula said:
    HarveyCanal said:

Ha....you've got to be kidding...Do It Like a G.O.

Not kidding in the least.

I'd also rather a Convicts (Big Mike and 3-2) reunion and a new C.O.D. (K-Rino & Dope E) album.

Or how about a Paul Wall & Chamillionaire reunion and a new album by KB & Lil Flea of Street Military?

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Soulstrut: Harvey do you like water?

Harvey: water? Pssshhh. What are you sniffing chemtrails? Water is the way the goverment controls you. I only drink sage brush juice milked from the teats of a west African lemur. Get on my level.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I'm with Harvey on this one. Scar face ? Yes. The rest? No.

No nuts, no glory.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Gary said:

Yeah. And isn't Bushwick Bill still doing Christian rap?

• It would be worth it just for Face and Willie D. throw in Big Mike too.

Big Mike went to jail in the 90's for literally trying to burn Rap-A-Lot down. He won't be involved in anything Geto Boys related.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Big Mike went to jail in the 90's for literally trying to burn Rap-A-Lot down. He won't be involved in anything Geto Boys related.

5 years ago Big Mike talked about burning the studio down after getting paroled from prison
    http://www.houstonpress.com/music/from-the-ashes-former-geto-boy-big-mike-6575618

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:
    Gary said:

Wait, woah—what the fuck? This is a thing that happened?

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    DJ_Enki said:
    Gary said:

Wait, woah—what the fuck? This is a thing that happened?

• djtopcatdjtopcat Seattle WA The 206 312 Posts
    Bushwick is a minister now I think.
    Willie D is also religious. Scarface was a no show here in Seattle a few days ago.
    This should be an interesting album.
    Probably the exact opposite lyrically of their famous ones haha.