Buying from the U.K. - Good sites?

MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
Just wondering if any of you know of good U.K. sites to buy hiphop/grime stuff from. White labels and such. Preferably with sound clips. Knowledgeable U.K. Heads stand up.

Comments

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Not sure if it's right on target, but give www.juno.co.uk a quick look. They have soundclips for days.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    I checked it out real quick and it seems to be a good site, hope to find some grime type stuff on it. The British kill me with their subgenres, though... Scouse House?

Thanks!

• dsandersdsanders 495 Posts
    I think you'll get a good answer if you ask that question in the music section of this forum:

http://www.dissensus.com

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    Check here - the Underground section.

http://www.blackmarket.co.uk/

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Juno for the new rekkids and reissues - good prices and samples of everything.

HTFR A bit like above, but are overpriced and sell accessories / equipment too.

Tunes Good selection, but list things they dont have in stock and take a long time to complete orders.

Netsounds is like the UK version of GEMM.

Jazzman I ludd this site.

Moviegrooves Loads of decent comps and reissues of soundtracks to cult films - excellent service too.

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    Juno for the new rekkids and reissues - good prices and samples of everything.

HTFR A bit like above, but are overpriced and sell accessories / equipment too.

Tunes Good selection, but list things they dont have in stock and take a long time to complete orders.

Netsounds is like the UK version of GEMM.

Jazzman I ludd this site.

Moviegrooves Loads of decent comps and reissues of soundtracks to cult films - excellent service too.

But only Juno sell Hiphop and grime out of that lot, right? And maybe HTFR, but they're predominantly house (all genres) based. Jazzman, moviegrooves and the tunes sites are cool, but don't deal at all in grime, maybe a smattering of hiphop with tunes and a dash with Jazzman.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Nah Jazzman and Moviegrooves dont cater. I was just dropping knowledge about UK sites in general.

Netsounds and Juno are the best bets man.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    anyone deal with gary & crew @
    http://www.crazybeat.co.uk/Inner-City.htm

have not been to the shop in years, but it was full of product
    (as were the warehouse)
    he use to travel to the states buying arm loads
    don't know about there on-line service
    but they were ok to deal with in the real

• If you want a uk site selling mainly US hip hop then check www.rootdownrecords.com ,that place is real dope...

If you want uk hip hop, then www.suspectpackages.com sells only that... it's the best for that kind of thing... they have the occassional grime record...

www.fatcity.co.uk has a nice selection of hip hop, a bit of grime, funk, soul etc... too...

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    anyone deal with gary & crew @

http://www.crazybeat.co.uk/Inner-City.htm

have not been to the shop in years, but it was full of product

(as were the warehouse)

he use to travel to the states buying arm loads

don't know about there on-line service

but they were ok to deal with in the real

They're still doing plenty of business - still keeping it soulful either with crossover, funk, new soul or house records.

They don't cover hiphop or grime though.

• sconesscones 434 Posts
    rootdownrecords.com

• www.uptownrecords.com

based in Soho and have dj Cameo from radio 1xtra running things, he may be a wannabe but they get most things upfront and have sounclips on their site.