TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    vote rigging - please can this mean Qatar gets cancelled. So blatantly bought.

I doubt it will change at all --- also, given Qatar could bank roll the entire tournament even without sponsorship, I don't think they are too fussed.

That said, given how blatant FIFA was with the "I don't give a f*ck, I'm taking money and giving WC's to corrupt as hell Russia and Qatar" -- I think it probably pushed certain officials to start figuring out a way to finally try and bring this corrupt bastards down.

I know there are a lot of people talking about US overreach here, and most likely that it true to a point, but gawd damn I'm proud our Feds are at least trying to have a go at this horrible organization. I'm hoping the ducks are lined up from US prosecutors, and that we can expose enough to get the advertisers to start getting scared --- it's all about money in the end, find a way to siphon off some of the revenue to FIFA and potentially we have a way to clean up the game (some).

I'm sure some good people might go down with the bad, but at this time, it's just too hard to determine who within FIFA is anyone you can trust.

BTW, interesting read from an American point of view (half sarcasm)

http://www.atlredline.com/only-the-american-justice-system-could-go-after-fifa-1707174748

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

I'm glad America has done this. England's Football Association raised protest about Qatar, were accused of racism or something stupid (?!?!) and meekly gave up challenging Blatter and the corruption. Surely it's not hypocritical to condemn America's world policing when it involves war and support this when it's money? It's not just money though, it's how FIFA fuck things up... I remember the stories from South Africa about the way local people were excluded from benefiting financially in any way, local businesses closed out of the event, it's all too much greed.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,235 Posts
    jlee said:
    That said, given how blatant FIFA was with the "I don't give a f*ck, I'm taking money and giving WC's to corrupt as hell Russia and Qatar" -- I think it probably pushed certain officials to start figuring out a way to finally try and bring this corrupt bastards down.

I remember an interview I watched with an investigative journalist here in Brazil and she explained that corruption scandals only break out because someone got swindled in one of two ways: in bed or in their wallet. I don't think there are any cuckholded lovers too pissed about anything that may have gone down (those creepy old dudes surely buy all of their lovers off), but I imagine these dudes started dipping into each other's pots as the generations changed over and that eventually led to some payback. Ethics or morals had nothing to do with people inside FIFA trying to bring the whole thing down.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    The EU could have made this happen too - only they and the US machinery have the clout to do so, financially, politically, organisationally.
    But the EU realpolitik is such that at some point there's a fracture between Germany, France, whatever. And face it, Euroman got way more skin in the game than meriman, that shit would be dragging on for years.
    So well done Merica, we can almost forgive you for Gitmo

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Qatar is just an affront to my senses. Zero football history, interest or infrastructure. Nobody actually involved in the playing or supporting of football wants to be there. It's just a glorified drilling plaform in the desert. With a no-alcohol policy. At least Putin can put booze promos on his flyers.

I still can't believe teams haven't boycotted it.

Euromang wouldn't rock the boat too hard, other than a cursory side-kick. UEFA "FFP" cartel happy to see Qatar sponsor Barca. Thumbs up all 'round. The tendrils are already in at that level. Platini and dem making sure their teak tans are topped up 'pon di reg with regular "Tours of the facilities" etc.

Nice to see Juve in the CL doe. Now that they don't fix matches etc.

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    [removed][removed]

the man citeh boys doing some BP with my blue birds.

the news going around at the moment is that Marco Polo del Nero, the Brazilian FA's current president (he was Marin's VP until end of last year), just got the fuck out of Switzerland even though he's supposed to vote tomorrow at FIFA's election.

You cannot make this shit up.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    ppadilha said:
    the news going around at the moment is that Marco Polo del Nero, the Brazilian FA's current president (he was Marin's VP until end of last year), just got the fuck out of Switzerland even though he's supposed to vote tomorrow at FIFA's election.

I was just reading about this... Some crazy shit.

But this says some other stuff no?

http://globoesporte.globo.com/blogs/especial-blog/bastidores-fc/post/marco-polo-del-nero-deixa-zurique-na-vespera-da-eleicao-presidencial-na-fifa.html

"Goal do FBI" sums up the mood around the world I think!

b/w

The challenger, Prince Ali Bin al-Hussein is a Gooner, so he gets my vote.

Now you see why boxing has the WBC, WBO, WBA, IBF and The Ring.

I'm not saying footy would be better for having multiple "My World Champs are better than your World Champs" spats, but it would certainly benefit from a democratically-elected, carte blanche governing body - as an alternative to the inherrently corrupt tree of FIFA.

DOR said:
    ppadilha said:

I was just reading about this... Some crazy shit.

But this says some other stuff no?

http://globoesporte.globo.com/blogs/especial-blog/bastidores-fc/post/marco-polo-del-nero-deixa-zurique-na-vespera-da-eleicao-presidencial-na-fifa.html

the article says he wouldn't vote on the election because members of the executive committee don't vote, but it also states that Del Nero left without explanation.

my hunch is that he felt he needed to get the fuck out of Switzerland before Marin turned him in. When he was arrested, Marin allegedly said "Just me? Where are the other ones?" The man is old, senile, and more used to following orders than exerting authority, I think he'll flip pretty quickly. So Del Nero runs back to Brazil to avoid swiss and american authorities and enjoy the fact that Brazil doesn't allow the extradition of its own citizens.

Couldn't find a gif of Blatter's Ronaldo-robot impression, but would've dubbed it dead man walking. Instead

Please lose the vote!

Or better for him to win, just to increase the FBI's desire to nail the bastard?

'Course he'll win.

That election will be as straight as a three-and-a-half pound note.

F*cker wil be gurning one out tonight into the mirror. Soundtrack : That Conan monologue talmbout "The lamentation of der women" and such.

30 seconds after he's shot his bolt, DSK will bell him for a gang-bang.

Don't you just hate it when that happens.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    lichstenstein,san marino votes

but seriously

klopp at liverpool
    ancelotti at citeh
    peligrini at Ac Milan

makes sense and improves all those teams imo

but which coach do you guys think will get fired from Real Madrid at the end of next season? I'm guessing Rafa Benitez, seems they want a spaniard back in there and he's one the highest profile ones, but his style is the polar opposite of what they like over there so may not make it to may of next year.

meanwhile, on argentinian TV:

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts

HUZZAH!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    benitez coaching real great news for a barca fan
    being a spaniard and having brought the best out of two former real starts (higuain/callejon) bodes well
    but
    not making CL in serie A with lazio and a fumbling Roma outdoing you..not reaching Europa final and Coppa Italia final...it seems like his resume this year is 2nd place as max objectove and thats not good enough for real. His team with a strong squad messed up all the big games. lose to chelsea/bayern/juve in the semis, lose both classicos, lose copa del rey i think thats what we can expect from rafa even with a supergalacticos bolstered squad and ronaldo firing on all cylinders

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Looks like Blatter has stepped down. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/32888180

Okem said:

this shit won't get better overnight but I think we can all agree that this is a glorious day

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Ding dong the witch is dead
    Which old witch?
    The wicked corrupt gnomic schadenfreude bellend mittel-Euroman vote buying bung slinging Anglo Saxon slanging faeces ridden slimy smarmy smug smegma smear douche nozzle cunty cunt-cunt witch

And relax

• pcmr said:
    being a spaniard and having brought the best out of two former real starts (higuain/callejon) bodes well
    but
    not making CL in serie A with lazio and a fumbling Roma outdoing you..not reaching Europa final and Coppa Italia final...it seems like his resume this year is 2nd place as max objectove and thats not good enough for real. His team with a strong squad messed up all the big games. lose to chelsea/bayern/juve in the semis, lose both classicos, lose copa del rey i think thats what we can expect from rafa even with a supergalacticos bolstered squad and ronaldo firing on all cylinders

He coached Napoli. I think he will do better than you predict if supported by the board.

ppadilha said:
    Okem said:

this shit won't get better overnight but I think we can all agree that this is a glorious day

YES! YES! A THOUSAND TIMES YES!

Will this actually change anything?

Don't know how to embed tweets but there's been some good ones. Neymar: thanks America from all football fans. Have to agree!

Blatts All Folks is another good tweet.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    badder_than_evil said:
    pcmr said:
    but

He coached Napoli. I think he will do better than you predict if supported by the board.

i know thats why i said he coached higuain/callejon and lazio goes to CL not him
    if they get aguero its a gamechanger
    he should have finished tpo 3 in serie A and made the europa/coppa final, ancelotti would have done that with napoli
    we will see how rafa gets along with ronaldo/pepe, etc

Aguero going nowhere. But speaking of Real, hoping we get Isco as he's underused there. Would make a great Nasri/Milner replacement.

• Isco would be a steal. Brilliant player.

I could see them at least attempting to buy Aguero. There aren't any other great players for them or Barca to purchase in their annual Premier league kidnap.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Excellent piece on the reporter Andrew Jennings who we have to thank for bringing down Herr Blatter - http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/06/03/how-a-curmudgeonly-old-reporter-exposed-the-fifa-scandal-that-toppled-sepp-blatter/?tid=sm_tw

“I know that they are criminal scum, and I’ve known it for years,” he said. “And that is a thoughtful summation. That is not an insult. That is not throwing about wild words.”

“These scum have stolen the people’s sport. They’ve stolen it, the cynical thieving bastards,” he said. “So, yes, it’s nice to see the fear on their faces.”