VNYL IS PRETTY MUCH A COMPLETE SCAM

2»

Comments

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    The Netflix of records...

How about the Amazon Prime of records, where you purchase an album you want and it arrives in a few days after you've already paid an annual rate for speedy shipping? Oh, wait...

But, really, think you guys are missing the point. What if it worked? And all of the sudden, we had these guys in every city, buying up all the C.H.U.D. to spread it out evenly across the world for paying customers who actually... wanted it? Could've been a game changer.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    Okem said:
    Nobody, dude has been on the board since the early days.

-

Yeah, I know Graf Writah's been around for a long time.

It was a tongue-in-cheek poke referencing his earlier comment on Strutters placing bets that Crab is a subscriber to the service.

All good.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    is this or is this not the "VYNLST" project that was propped here a year ago?

Not the same.

VYNLST dude (name is Osandi, I think?) wanted to launch a discogs-type app and also sold accessories (45 adapters, wooden crates, etc.)

VYNL dude is Nick Alt.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    white_tea said:
    The Netflix of records...

How about the Amazon Prime of records, where you purchase an album you want and it arrives in a few days after you've already paid an annual rate for speedy shipping? Oh, wait...

But, really, think you guys are missing the point. What if it worked? And all of the sudden, we had these guys in every city, buying up all the C.H.U.D. to spread it out evenly across the world for paying customers who actually... wanted it? Could've been a game changer.

I've been stockpiling copies of Vaughn Meader's The First Family for a decade now, plotting and waiting.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

• RishanRishan 454 Posts
    G-Writah said:
    crabmongerfunk said:
    man, are you ever a rube.

Yes, because I don't roll all over the floor about some minor business launch that failed. Oh noes, he raised $30k on Kickstarter. He could be driving a used Honda Accord right now with his ill gotten gains. What a master schemer. Next Madoff.

If you want to toss around terms like sociopath and get all heated about the injustice of it all, go after someone who rips off orphans or scams old people in the name of charity. Some guy that gets a bunch of free press and raises money via platform used to raise money for speculative ventures and then actually rolls out the speculative venture... and it sucks... wtf? It's a shitty service, the end. Welcome to the world of commerce.

I'm not making any more bets, mainly because it blows my mind someone would waste so much time complaining about a service they didn't even use.

'Man complains about something on the Internet'

More at 11.

Honestly, this thing deserves the vitriol being directed towards it. Absolute trendy bandwagon shite, run by and used by complete morons.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    for $25.00 a month they are sending out barabara streisand, k-tel comps, acker bilk and pablo cruise with disingenuous, manipulative personal notes

That's...genius, actually? Trolling by mail. I'm kinda into that.

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    am i the only one who's been saying VNYL like "denial" in my head this whole time?

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    am i the only one who's been saying VNYL like "denial" in my head this whole time?

haha. good one. Went to their store. Was shocked by the verbal use of "hashtags" thrown at me. Felt like a weird extension of Urban Outfitters. Stepped out backwards immediately after staring at a 12$ priced dollarbin record for too long. Everything Venial is wrong on many levels. Bonus: One of the "pro's" listed outside of the store on a wall was: "not owned by jay-z".

• G-Writah said:
    crabmongerfunk said:
    man, are you ever a rube.

Yes, because I don't roll all over the floor about some minor business launch that failed. Oh noes, he raised $30k on Kickstarter. He could be driving a used Honda Accord right now with his ill gotten gains. What a master schemer. Next Madoff.

If you want to toss around terms like sociopath and get all heated about the injustice of it all, go after someone who rips off orphans or scams old people in the name of charity. Some guy that gets a bunch of free press and raises money via platform used to raise money for speculative ventures and then actually rolls out the speculative venture... and it sucks... wtf? It's a shitty service, the end. Welcome to the world of commerce.

I'm not making any more bets, mainly because it blows my mind someone would waste so much time complaining about a service they didn't even use.

That's sort of what crappy lives for as far as I can tell.

He's a diaperopath.

• djtopcatdjtopcat Seattle WA The 206 312 Posts
    The guy is just a hipster vinyl geek with a mountain of dollar bin crap in his collection. He's actually genius for finding a way to pawn that unwanted garbage on other naive hipsters. Unfortunately for him he also pissed off some actual collectors who contributed to the Kickstarter and they are the ones that are going to go after him. The rent on that Venice Beach shop has to be insane, don't expect they'll be in there long.

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    This dude is a genius.

Tricking hipsters into buying dollar bin crap and then proudly posting that shit on Instagram.

Seriously if somebody told me that idea I would say it could never work, and yet there it is.

Hey VNYL is getting better just give them a chance. They sent me the Holy Grail Vinyl trifecta! #keepem #satisfied

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    #Keepem

Attached files

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    djtopcat and Raj's pics are both comedy gold.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    sticky_dojah said:

This is the one I was getting emails for.
    I asked for an "invite".
    RSVPed no thanks.
    Kept getting emails begging me to try it.

Seems like the exact same idea, except this one might be more legit.

vinylmeplease looks like they actually send out actual new "good records" not used thrift store reject crap like vnyl

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    RAJ said:
    #Keepem

:face_melt: