Big NBA News...

HankScorpioHankScorpio 163 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
Hey gang,All I can see is WATCH OUT Central Division - nay, entire Easter Conference. The Milwaukee Bucks have made some big off-season moves, signing Micheal Redd, keeping Toni Kukoc, adding Bobby Simmons, and changing head coaches. (Although I'm not at all convinced that firing Terry Porter and adding Terry Stotts was a good move. Porter proved his first year he could coach when he had HEALTHY TALENT.) But this move will put them over the top. Guess who's back in Milwaukee? That's right - Ervin 'No Magic' Johnson.

Comments

• is that a good thing theyre keeping kukoc???

• Options
    Aren't they the basically the same oteam as last year (who did nothing). Maybe if they got Ray back....

K.

P.S. The Bucks resigning Johnson is big news???

• is that a good thing theyre keeping kukoc???

I think so, yeah. I think he signed another 1-year deal. It seems like when the Bucks get in selfish shoot-first mode Toni can come in, run the point and distribute the ball a bit. With the possibility of TJ Ford returning, they might have a more stable situation at the point - but unfortunately Ford is just one hit away from ending his season, possibly career. Toni can be depended on to hit a few shots a game, grab a few boards, play no defense (something the Bucks haven't been good at for years) and get everybody moving the ball around. Is he past his prime? Yeah, but I think he's good for the team.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Aren't they the basically the same oteam as last year (who did nothing). Maybe if they got Ray back....

K.

P.S. The Bucks resigning Johnson is big news???

I think he's joking.

Nobody could actually be claiming seriously that anything involving the Bucks is "Big NBA news"...

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    People care about the Bucks??

I honestly had no idea!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    But seriously, I used to sit next to Bobby Simmons' baby momma in video editing class and she was worried to death that he would even make it in the NBA (with the Clippers at the time). She'll be much better off now.

• I think he's joking.

oh , ok. he seemed so sincere. couple head scratchers there
    i know the feeling though...its been a while since we added anyone not washed up on the sixers

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    is that a good thing theyre keeping kukoc???

Yeah, thats what i was thinking. Kukoc is a joke.

• Faux & Soul,

Yes, I am being a tad sarcastic. I was getting out of my car and the last thing I heard on the radio was 'and in NBA news the Bucks have brought back Ervin Johnson, sigining him to a 1-year 1 million dollar deal.'

Truthfully, I've always been a fan of the guy. How can you not be excited about a guy who was Team Captain and elected to come off the bench?

I remember a few years ago when the Bucks made their run to the Eastern Conference finals, when Ervin and Scottie Williams played arguably the best basketball of their careers. One game Ervin was hitting shots from 8-10 feet away...it was ridiculous.

But above all, I remember reading a column (I believe written by the late Jeffrey Denberg) where he coined the nickname Ervin 'No Magic' Johnson. And I'm glad he's back in Milwaukee.

And it may not make much sense, but the Bucks actually have *some* buzz this year, after last year I'll take any Bucks talk around town over none at all.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I saw Kobe at Disneyland yesterday.

that's about as much into the NBA as I get these days.

• thats the spirit!!!

• oh , ok. he seemed so sincere. couple head scratchers there
    i know the feeling though...its been a while since we added anyone not washed up on the sixers

To clarify:

I'm serious about Kukoc - for what the Bucks pay him I think they're better with him than without him. He might be well past his prime, but he has played well since he's been with the team.

Tripledouble, that's kind of what I was getting at. The Bucks have added some decent younger talent to the team, then to add Ervin Johnson to the mix was a bit of a surprise. But I guess it's 6 more fouls to throw Shaq's way.

• god damn nba sucks now. the spurs are the best team and they are so fucking boring. they just added nick van exel and are looking to add michael finley. yikes.