TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    badder_than_evil said:
    Just a guess on my part, obviously.
    Tottenham had nothing to do with it.

I KEED. But I really don't think he'll leave until Arsenal either wins something decent (League or european trophy), or the wheels fall off big-time (I'm looking at you Klopp).

Things haven't looked this positive for Wenger in years, no reason for him to leave now.

• I'd be inclined to agree with you..he may also prefer to leave with the team on the up too?

Klopp could assist for his final year before taking over?

However it goes, I think Klopp COULD be the ideal successor..although very few coaches can feel secure in their jobs nowadays, so other big names could become available.

Yeah yeah, they got lucky a few times.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    L*o, are you chearing for BCN in the final stages as surely they are your local side now?

Am I fuck!

I was never local to Highbury, so no reason to stop being a plastic Goon. The city is choc-full of glory hunters wearing the Barca shirt, or just buying one as part of their tourist-top-ten-must-do-list. When Citeh played them last month the difference between the fans on the metro was hilarious. Barca fans travelling in dignified silence while entire carriages of sky blues sang non-stop, laughed and joked, and drank beer... I like to think [em]some[/em] of those in the Barca colours had the self-awareness to feel embarrassed, but somehow I doubt it.

#1 son did get himself a "Neymar Jr." shirt (just to be a little different) this weekend.

I allowed it because I recognise City were played-the-f*ck off the park in each leg.

And #1 is an LFC fan, so he hates Un*ted too.

J i m s t e r said:

In that case, you should indulge his every whim :beerbang:

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Eighty five hunnid posts, batches

I'm never one for unseemly celebrations or even the smattering of polite applause but dammit this deserves a ripple

Bravo

• ever so subtle canadian applause for a British achievement.

it astounds every brit i encounter that i would have such a wealth of knowledge when it comes to beyond-the-pond nuance. i usually guilt them by saying something along the lines of "you mean you don't know exactly as much about canada as we know about you?".... but little do they know about the years of taking shit to the brits, 85,001 posts deep.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    J i m s t e r said:

In that case, you should indulge his every whim :beerbang:

:beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:

skel said:
    Eighty five hunnid posts, batches

I'm never one for unseemly celebrations or even the smattering of polite applause but dammit this deserves a ripple

Quality.

I was completely unaware of Bornemouth's ascent so had a glance at the lower-echelons of the Championship last night.

Damn, thun.*

Some fallen mighty in there and once-proud Prem dwellers.

Blackpool going out the arse-end like a rancid kebab after a bad pint.

*Sure City would be there or worse, but for the sake of oil and/or bent Thai politicians.

^ Spare a thought for Oxford Utd! Milk Cup winners 1986!

OZIL!

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

b/w "tickle wickle ickle"

Still breaking attendance records despite going down quicker than Superhead in that lift out of The Omen.

Sounds about right.

Hey Britstrut, what's good? Been busy sorting out continuation of work. Now working for a client in Coventry, so hitting the M1 at 6AM to keep the commute time down. Means schoolnight gig for PUTS in London next week is a no-no. Shame. I know Ste*e is down for it.

Glad you got the gig Jimster.
    Damn I forgot about PUTS; think I might be double booked with a charidee pub quiz.

In other news: some pigeon built a nest on my brand spanking new balcony and it contains an egg; I didn't notice until this morning, been out on the turps a few nights in a row. Dudes in the office persuaded me today not to sweep it out into mid air. What sayeth the Strut?
    Am reliably informed that laying human fingers and scent on it will lead to abandonment.
    Can I be that latter day Herod, or should I get all emo green up in this bith and let the fucker hatch?

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Expel that nest ASAP.

No love for some freeloading birdies.

You let the things hatch their brood the next moment you'll have a pigeon infestation and have to call the exterminators for real tho no prank tho that was actually pretty funny duder.

discos_alma said:
    Expel that nest ASAP.

No love for some freeloading birdies.

You let the things hatch their brood the next moment you'll have a pigeon infestation and have to call the exterminators for real tho no prank tho that was actually pretty funny duder.

:dodododo:

:-P

[Matt Berry voice]Building a nest on your upmarket balcony, you say? The f*cking cheek of that! [/MBV]

Manamana flying rat carry nuff germ.

HEVICT BUMBACLARK (sic) ! STRAKE OVER DI HEDGE. BOOMLIKEDATSEEN! [snaps fingers]

So the election.

I should be more angry than I am, and I think I realise that I feel divorced or detached from affairs in Blighty now, like the country is an ex-girlfriend. But fucking hell, the Tories again? Why the crap did Labour go with a guy that really, no fucking one is going to take seriously!?!?
    FFS.

And Cameron seems to have won by ducking out of leadership debates as he realised how fucking awful he is. And still wins. The fucking luncheon-meat-faced spineless piece of rancid dog excrement. FFS.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I actually came to like Ed after listening to him talk. The idea that you can't be led by a guy cause he's a little nerdy seems pretty abhorant to me, especial when you look and the wet puddle that actually got voted in.

Labour didn't run a particularly good race and the Tories seem to be bullet proof in the eyes of enough of the population. And like in most elections people a lot of the sheep vote for the status quo. That and Scotland fucked us. Can't see a Lobour victory in the years to come until the blue scum fuck up this country as much as the last lot did. Good times.

Okem said:
    I actually came to like Ed after listening to him talk. The idea that you can't be led by a guy cause he's a little nerdy seems pretty abhorant to me, especial when you look and the wet puddle that actually got voted in.

Yeah, I'm being harsh on Ed. If only he'd learnt how to eat a bacon sarnie properly.

Who would you vote for as PM?

Labour, I'd go with Tom Watson. Young, but he seems to still be decent.
    Lib Dem, Vince Cable.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    Okem said:

Yeah, I'm being harsh on Ed. If only he'd learnt how to eat a bacon sarnie properly.
    I didn't mean that as some kind of personal castigation Duderoony. it was more a reaction to the way he's been so personally attacked during this election. I get that people want a leader they want to follow, but in this day and age we should know better. Ed was someone I felt could've actually been a force for good for the country in some small way, simply because he wasn't the same shit reheated.

Okem said:
    Duderonomy said:
    Okem said:

I didn't mean that as some kind of personal castigation Duderoony. it was more a reaction to the way he's been so personally attacked during this election. I get that people want a leader they want to follow, but in this day and age we should know better. Ed was someone I felt could've actually been a force for good for the country in some small way, simply because he wasn't the same shit reheated.

I think he was in fact just that.
    The same Oxbridge PPE grad who never had a real job, doesn't know how to eat a bacon sammich, blah blah blah.
    The public's default is to not trust Lab with the economy.
    Add that to the nerdiness and the fratricide and he was never getting in. Ever.